Tips & Tricks ANYTHING WRONG WITH MY EDITING?

moah380

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 14, 2015
YouTube
Hello, my name is Moah380, just wondering if you think there is anything wrong with the way i edit my videos, or if i can make my videos more entertaining. Any response is appreciated, thank you for your time.

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Hey dude , The intro is very good !!! I like the music and text is easy to read :) your cuts you do to next scene are well placed and don't take anything out that would be of major importance to the video which is very good only thing is maybe your over cut some time , well for me anyway maybe do a bit more on a wave or something to us a bit more :)

audio and video quality are very good , I hope this helps a little :) :D

moah380

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 14, 2015
YouTube
Hey dude , The intro is very good !!! I like the music and text is easy to read :) your cuts you do to next scene are well placed and don't take anything out that would be of major importance to the video which is very good only thing is maybe your over cut some time , well for me anyway maybe do a bit more on a wave or something to us a bit more :)

audio and video quality are very good , I hope this helps a little :) :D

That was extremely helpful, thank you so much, i really appreciate your feedback

Reactions: Prology

Noneamannim

Teamplayer
Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2014
USA
Let's start with the good, you do have some pretty good edits. You didn't go over the top, and there wasn't too little. The game was actually pretty funny, and interesting for the most part.

Although I did see some things you might want to think about. For me, your music cut and started randomly and felt a little out of place. I can see what you were trying to do with it to highlight areas of the video that were intense. I feel music is a great background filler, while the real compelling tool should be the commentary. The last thing is I can't really hear your friends. They are very silent, which is kind of a drag for me.

Depending on what you use to record your games, you might want to do a youtube search for a tool called Virtual Audio Cables. It is what I use in unison with Dxtory, and it helps me out big time since I record my Mic, my game, and my friends over skype. The best thing that comes from this is that after you record, you can separate your audio tracks from the video so you have skype, mic, game tracks that you can adjust the volume for accordingly. It is also great because Sony Vegas recognizes this and separates the tracks within the program, whereas software like Adobe Premiere requires you to separate it prior to importing.

My last tip is, and it might not be a tip because I do not know who this may bother within your living arrangement; but do not be afraid to get crazy. Get assertive and be energetic within your videos. Make it seem like your excited to be there and so should the viewer. Get your friends going too. It is a lot more fun when everybody is energetic and having a good time then being monotone.

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
Love the video. Was pretty funny and quite entertaining at most parts. Some of the cuts felt a little unnecessary- more like you were just trying to cram everything in. Try to filter down your cuts in maybe 3 refinement stages. So the rough cut, then the "funny parts" cut, then the clean up cut. This should help to make sure you get all the funniest bits in there because at some points the video felt like it dragged a little or that the cuts were just kinda boring to see.

I like the intro. The sudden cut was a little off, but good for a comedic effect. The audio quality from your end is great but your friend is a little fuzzy/quiet.

My last and final comment is the music. It doesn't quite fit the mood. I understand it can be hard to find royalty free music but maybe try a few different tracks to see if they fit better as the first one (after the intro) didn't really fit in, but then again that is just my opinion c:

Overall, awesome video. Love the comedic captions, humor and quality.
Keep it up! :3