Network Freedom!'s Stance on Fan Funding!

Do you want Fan Funding under Freedom!?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavbar

Owner - LERP
Freedom! Member
Wait? It is still not possible for eligible countries? Again the case they are running the ads before implementation of a feature...

The feature is on YouTube, not Freedom!, however, when a staff thread here says we cannot have Fan Funding due to Freedom!'s location, and then just a few days ago, a video on the Freedom! channel says you can, even if you are in Freedom!, as long as you live in one of the four eligible countries, it shows communication has been broken down somewhere.

Also, what really gets me is that multiple Freedom! staff are supposed to be YouTube Certified, yet this video is clearly giving wrong information to sub-networks and partners. I am just trying to find clarification on the subject.

Reactions: 8-Bit-Relic

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
Could we get an update on this @Kan? Freedom! is advertising that if our channel is based in one of the four approved countries that we can use Fan Funding even though the network is based in a non-supported country.

Thank you,

cdavbar

If you see there he mentions how it is not available in the country Freedom! is located in. He is just saying that some people can do this. He is using a snipbit from someone else's video, and basically just letting the Freedom! family know what the thing is.

Ps3RageGamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 25, 2014
YouTube
I'd love to have Fan Funding. I'd be able to play games my subs want me to play, host giveaways, and have loads of more fun!

Exactly, it would also help support smaller channels who rely on youtube as their main or secondary source of income, but don't earn enough because of adblock.

Reactions: Crow

ploxyS

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 16, 2015
YouTube

If you see there he mentions how it is not available in the country Freedom! is located in. He is just saying that some people can do this. He is using a snipbit from someone else's video, and basically just letting the Freedom! family know what the thing is.
That is great! But I'm from Latvia :(

jwl9brla

Freedom! Member
Feb 7, 2015
YouTube
I want to be a singer for a living so if had fan funding for what I love to do I don't think that would not be a bad thing.

Last edited:

MrGameFuzion

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2014
YouTube
I must say, fan funding would give us all an edge in our youtube goals, it would allow for us to create better quality videos via purchases, help us generate new content by buying certain games or instruments. I upvote this as it would help so much and i can guarantee it.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It would be nice to be able to get that bit extra. But I fear we will run into people whom will just be those "GIVE ME MONAYYYYYY!!" types.

Reactions: Kan

Tetz

The Lazy Intellectual
Freedom! Member
Apr 8, 2014
YouTube
I personally don't care either way. If people wanna give me money, then fine. But, I prefer using my own.

Smokey Koala

Freedom! Member
Nov 6, 2014
USA
www.twitch.tv
YouTube
Personally I think it's a great idea! Being a twitch streamer I have gotten a few donations on my stream, and it helped me connect more with my viewers. I was able to purchase the game they wanted me to play with them. I was able to host a give away with some of the earnings I had gained from the donations!

Status
Not open for further replies.