Would you like to see more behind the scenes forums stuff like this?

• Yes I like to see everything that goes on in the forums

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No keep this information within the forum team and Freedom management

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
As you may or may not have been aware we have been working away on getting the Freedom! forums to be more searchable on search engines such as google. For us this means more activity on the forums and more importantly for you it means more views on your posts, resources and media!

Freedom! community forums click and impression analytics for the past year on google search

We are still working out what it is that gets the best search traffic, however there are a few obvious reoccurring things that bring in traffic:

Good tags we have noticed that most of the search traffic comes from content that has lots of related tags including compound tags (tags that have multiple words per tag). Be sure to check out the examples below and how they tagged their content

Trending Content something that is being searched for a lot or continuing to be searched for over time. So if a new game comes out creating a resource for it e.g. thumbnail image for it can be a great way to gain views.

Descriptive content rather than just dumping a resource or video, describe what it is about or how it can be helpful.

Feedback giving feedback to others can really help a post or resource gain traction, so be sure to give some feedback on resources that you have found helpful.

Here are some examples that have gained search traffic from google:

CRIB - PUBG thumbnail template by @JunkdudeHD
https://freedom.community.tm/crib/pubg-thumbnail-template.395/

Media - Top 10 Richest X Factor UK Contestants by Net worth by @Smart Facts UK
https://freedom.community.tm/media/top-10-richest-x-factor-uk-contestants-by-net-worth.4843/media

Thread - Unfair Mario Unblocked by @MrBLaVigne
https://freedom.community.tm/tags/unfair-mario-unblocked/

I was originally going to just post this to the Forum team and Freedom! staff but figured everyone else may be interested also :)

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Thanks for sharing this! It goes to show how good tags and titles can just insanely help out search engine discoverability. A lot of people underestimate the importance of the Tags function on YouTube and the forums sadly, I might have been guilty of that a while back as well...

Also have to extend congratulations to @JunkdudeHD for helping almost 4k people with improving their GFX and @Smart Facts UK for informing 4k people!

Reactions: Smart Facts UK

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
It is interesting as I started my channel as a SEO experiment..

Do you think you struggle with views because .tm isn't a TLD?
Don't think that would make an issue anywhere except for email spamfilters ;-;. Mostly it's about content though, I've seen .tk domains rank well from either content or lots of backlinks or spam.