YouTube How will you handle this whole tax thing?

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Personally, being Canadian, I don't want to go through the hassle of doing what is required. I'm autistic and live with my aunt, so I don't take care of taxes anyway, so I don't even know where my tax info is. But if the consequence is Google taking 24% of my ad earnings, I'm almost tempted to just let them have it just to make things easier for me instead of stressing out over how to do what.

Something else I was considering is giving up YouTube and moving to Twitch again. But I enjoy making videos for YouTube, and considering I don't see an option to upload videos to Twitch like I remember seeing once, I might as well stick with YouTube.

MrDJSilva

Administrator
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Personally, being Canadian, I don't want to go through the hassle of doing what is required. I'm autistic and live with my aunt, so I don't take care of taxes anyway, so I don't even know where my tax info is. But if the consequence is Google taking 24% of my ad earnings, I'm almost tempted to just let them have it just to make things easier for me instead of stressing out over how to do what.

Something else I was considering is giving up YouTube and moving to Twitch again. But I enjoy making videos for YouTube, and considering I don't see an option to upload videos to Twitch like I remember seeing once, I might as well stick with YouTube.
If you ever had a job in irl just give them the tax number you give to your employer it's not really hard you just apply for it then get it back some weeks later!

Also, Twitch asks for something also when you become an affiliate or partner