Votes: 40 80.0%
  • No and I don't really want to either

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
May Contest Winners

Hey Freedom! partners, Congrats to our May contest winners! Entries can be found here

1st place @Mr Price Winning $50 worth of steam games

2nd place @Dev_J Winning $30 worth of steam games

3rd place Tie! @IDubHD & @Hunlight Both winning $20 worth of steam games

June VidCon Contest!

Details for the VidCon contest
It may be a little hard to get everyone to travel over to VidCon, however this contest will still be possible to everyone to participate! I want to hear about which YouTuber you would most like to meet if you were to go, and why you would like to meet them. Why is this YouTuber a success what makes them stand out from all the thousands of others.

The contest will be judged on:
  • Response of what makes this YouTuber stand out, what have they done differently to all the rest. What could other YouTubers learn from this to become a successful channel? (keep under 300 words)

IMPORTANT

To qualify for this contest, make sure you follow these:

• Must be a Freedom partner and have the Purple Freedom! Partner Badge to be eligible for the prizes.
  • Reply to this thread with your written answer.
Prizes
1st $50 worth of steam game keys
2nd $30 worth of steam game keys
3rd $20 worth of steam game keys

The forum team look forward to your entries. Best of luck to everyone!
Deadline for the contest is the 27th of June, results posted around the 5th of July.

Last edited:

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
lol @Mr Price I said yours was gonna be the winner :)

Still 2nd again, not bad. As for this month well this is probably yhe first one I'm considering not entering, Just cause like 99% of the people I watch and enjoy on YouTube don't go to VidCon :(. I'll still be watching the entries though :)

Reactions: Mr Price

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

Still 2nd again, not bad. As for this month well this is probably yhe first one I'm considering not entering, Just cause like 99% of the people I watch and enjoy on YouTube don't go to VidCon :(. I'll still be watching the entries though :)

It's fine to do YouTubers that aren't going, just any YouTuber really :)[DOUBLEPOST=1497171926,1497171900][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think the dates shouldn't be like that... :D

Every month I do that -_-

Hunlight

Freedom! Member
Aug 23, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
Wow, Im glad got 3rd place (The PAWA of COOOKIEEESS), about this month entry hmm let me think...
I wouldl iek to meet BlackSilverUFA. He is an Russian video maker/streamer. Making very relaxing and interesting to listen gameplay videos just with a cup of tea and few cookies. Streams goes cool too, getting tons of viewers and not jsut playing the game buti nteracting with the people in chat, speaking with everyone, also after some time jsut stops the game and went for chill 5-10 minutes reading chat out and speaking with everyone. Got very ncie video quality especially Intro/outro its simple fade out usually but he made it interesting to listen with a music from the game. Anyway in a few words jsut a great man who makes content not jsut to make it but to make people happy and got good time watching it, would be nice to meet him once and maybe become his friends for further communication.[DOUBLEPOST=1497175053][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, Im glad got 3rd place (The PAWA of COOOKIEEESS), about this month entry hmm let me think...
I wouldl iek to meet BlackSilverUFA. He is an Russian video maker/streamer. Making very relaxing and interesting to listen gameplay videos just with a cup of tea and few cookies. Streams goes cool too, getting tons of viewers and not jsut playing the game buti nteracting with the people in chat, speaking with everyone, also after some time jsut stops the game and went for chill 5-10 minutes reading chat out and speaking with everyone. Got very ncie video quality especially Intro/outro its simple fade out usually but he made it interesting to listen with a music from the game. Anyway in a few words jsut a great man who makes content not jsut to make it but to make people happy and got good time watching it, would be nice to meet him once and maybe become his friends for further communication.
P.S. Sorry for spelling.

Reactions: raashwa

RedRobins.UK

Respected User
Freedom! Member
If i was going i would most like to meet TomSka or Thomas Ridgewell. Most people just see him for the asdf movie series but i see him for the amazing comedy sketches he does and the vlogs and personal life he displays on his second channel. as i am aspiring to work at pinewood studios i find TomSka a great influence as his channel is linked to work that i hope to accomplish one day. he is a writer/director but whatever anyone says he "IS NOT AN ANIMATOR" i find it funny how he always says this and people still call him an animator. i would love to meet him because he never puts on a false personality and isn't afraid to hide his anger, depression or anxiety. he is always forthcoming with you and you know how he feels most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TomSka
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkSquidge

Reactions: raashwa

Mr Price

We Have Wookies.
Freedom! Member
Dec 18, 2014
YouTube

Thx, gj for second man![DOUBLEPOST=1497177145][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks, and congrats to all winners and good luck on the new contest!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonathan

MasterWolffie

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 28, 2014
United Kingdom
YouTube
StGamer1
To be honest with you all if I was to go to Vidcon and meet a YouTuber. I would like to meet our old forum moderator (ADA Horror) He's been an inspiration to me. As some people may know he went through a hard time in his life with losing someone quite close to him. I've been through that myself. However, he tried to post as much content as possible to keep his audients laughing at his funny horror videos. He is not a big YouTuber but I think that dedication helps me and takes me a long way in life to succeed. I thank him for that push!

Reactions: Row and Theonicle

Mr Price

We Have Wookies.
Freedom! Member
Dec 18, 2014
YouTube
May Contest Winners

Hey Freedom! partners, Congrats to our May contest winners! Entries can be found here

June VidCon Contest!

It may be a little hard to get everyone to travel over to VidCon, however this contest will still be possible to everyone to participate! I want to hear about which YouTuber you would most like to meet if you were to go, and why you would like to meet them. Why is this YouTuber a success what makes them stand out from all the thousands of others.

• Response of what makes this YouTuber stand out, what have they done differently to all the rest. What could other YouTubers learn from this to become a successful channel? (keep under 300 words)

IMPORTANT

• Must be a Freedom partner and have the Purple Freedom! Partner Badge to be eligible for the prizes.
Prizes

Deadline for the contest is the 27th of June, results posted around the 5th of July.

How can i get my keys tho? never won so this is kinda new for me :p

Mr Price

We Have Wookies.
Freedom! Member
Dec 18, 2014
YouTube
Congrats to the winners, but it makes me curious what the judging system is based on. Do you mind explaining it so I understand next time? It would also be helpful on stating what pick the winners and the flaws on the losers so they can improve on the next one. :)
I like that

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
Congrats to all 4 winners of the previous contest :D. Use your reward wisely![DOUBLEPOST=1497268812][/DOUBLEPOST]If i had a chance to go to Vidcon, the 3 youtubers i would absolutely love to meet are Ohwrecker,Jacksepticeye and miniladd (and TheOdd1Out because of his animations)(ok i know thats alot but literally, i want to meet a few more but they are among the top lol). The reason why i love their channels is because i feel like they are one of the few channels out there who actually care about their audience and arent in youtube for the money but rather to have fun. Also, this is one that is definitely something that makes them stand out from like more than 100K other channels, they dont clickbait and actually have good titles and thumbnails (ohmwrecker and miniladd having someone draw them and jacksepticeye making them himself) but other than that, they seem be genuinely (emphasis on Seem because thats how they are on video) nice people who actually talk to their fans and dont feel like they are above other youtubers just because of their subs
What i feel other youtubers can learn from them are:
1:Actually interacting with their audience and acknowledging their existence
2.Making good titles and thumbnails (i HATE clickbait with every fiber of my being lol, you have no idea how many youtubers i have unsubbed to and how many i will soon just because they clickbait)
3.Show their real personality and do not exaggerate and/or fake their personality for a video
4.And finally, atleast try to make original content

Last edited:

IDubHD

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 23, 2015
YouTube
May Contest Winners

June VidCon Contest!

IMPORTANT

Prizes

Weell congrats to all the other winners :) and nice shirts :)
And thanks for the 3rd place :)[DOUBLEPOST=1497389024][/DOUBLEPOST]If i was going to Vidcon, then i would like to meet at csgo youtuber named ChaBoyyHD, most people know him for his csgo funny moments videos.
But hes gambling videos are also very funny to watch. He puts a lot of time into editing his videos, and he does a good job, everytime if im sad or tired, then i go watch his videos. He gets me through all bad times of my live. I think other youtubers could learn that putting time into your videos pays of.

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Congrats to the winners, but it makes me curious what the judging system is based on. Do you mind explaining it so I understand next time? It would also be helpful on stating what pick the winners and the flaws on the losers so they can improve on the next one. :)
We always outline the judging system at the top of the post, for example this one is based off the information you give us, how much you outline and how much we personally like your answers - whereas other contests such as last months were judged on the following -
How visually appealing the shirt looks.
Is it designed for the correct audience?
Is it high quality design?
Have you used all sections of the shirt available?
Does the colour scheme fit?

As for who picks this, it is decided by the forum team (so admins, mods etc) and everyone gets to pick 3 entries, or more depending on the amount of winners we announced. Then whoever gets the most votes gets the prizes, as for the feedback I'm not sure this is something we could do as we don't tend to redo competitions, and all of the are themed differently so feedback would be a bit of an empty gesture unfortunately

Reactions: clumsycon

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

It can be quite hard as it's picked by the whole forum team so the winner might not be someone that I chose. It can be quite subjective but the best thing to do is go for something that the majority will like (and follows what is outlined).

Reactions: clumsycon
D

Deleted member 17740

Gratz to last month's contest,
And GL to those entering this one :D

Some generic title here
Personally, i would love to meet the creators of Vsauce: Michael, Jake, and Kevin!
I would love to meet them as i enjoy learning new things, and the educational content they work hard to put up :D