YouTube New internet show. Wanting to broaden to YouTube

Dec 30, 2016
Hi everyone,

I run an online internet show called After Life Houston. We do talk shows, and host varies music from Goth, to dark industrial, Synthpop, 80's, razormaid and more. We just started in October but our fan base has been rapidly growing fast.

We have our show up on Itunes, Googleplay, and Soundcloud for now, but we would like to broaden our promoting now towards Youtube, IHeart, and other highly recommended sites to capture high followers. The issue we are facing is naturally the FCC, because our show does not use our own music naturally. We host music from a local club in Houston that has been around for over 40yrs and so we target the music artists, bands, DJ's etc that have played in around the Houston market. We always post a message on all our track-listing and descriptions that we do not take away any credit towards the original artists work or measure, and we also do not allow any of our shows to be downloaded from Itunes or Soundcloud nor do we sell our shows. The only thing we do sell is our shows logo attire clothing.

I was told Freedom MIGHT be able to help me in hosting my shows on my channel? Im kinda new at this measure so I would not know exactly how it works as when I reviews some of the intro videos from Freedom, it seemed as if they wanted me to use THEIR music instead and mix it in with my videos. Is that correct, or can I still design and create my own MP4 videos with audio and still upload it to my own channel while using Freedom?

I know there has got to be services out there that handle all licensing and bypasses the FCC issues regarding individuals and businesses uploading their own MP4's. Like me giving my work over to someone and letting them handle all the mess and issues. Is there such a way?

Thanks for any help and/or advise on who or where to go.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
If you are monetizing the content you will have to use music that is royalty free or licenced under creative commons to allow for it. This may help you out https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2490020?hl=en

The music that is available from Freedom is entirely optional. You can still create your own MP4 videos with your own music.

I don't believe Freedom has a service that will handle contacting the music publishers or anything like that, you would have to set that up yourself.

Dec 30, 2016
Ok so basically I would have to use the royalty free or creative commons audio / video materials before Freedom would touch my work. Gotcha. What I needed to know. Thanks

Devon123

New User
Dec 7, 2016
Hi everyone,

I run an online internet show called After Life Houston. We do talk shows, and host varies music from Goth, to dark industrial, Synthpop, 80's, razormaid and more. We just started in October but our fan base has been rapidly growing fast.

We have our show up on Itunes, Googleplay, and Soundcloud for now, but we would like to broaden our promoting now towards Youtube, IHeart, and other highly recommended sites to capture high followers. The issue we are facing is naturally the FCC, because our show does not use our own music naturally. We host music from a local club in Houston that has been around for over 40yrs and so we target the music artists, bands, DJ's etc that have played in around the Houston market. We always post a message on all our track-listing and descriptions that we do not take away any credit towards the original artists work or measure, and we also do not allow any of our shows to be downloaded from Itunes or Soundcloud nor do we sell our shows. The only thing we do sell is our shows logo attire clothing.

I was told Freedom MIGHT be able to help me in hosting my shows on my channel? Im kinda new at this measure so I would not know exactly how it works as when I reviews some of the intro videos from Freedom, it seemed as if they wanted me to use THEIR music instead and mix it in with my videos. Is that correct, or can I still design and create my own MP4 videos with audio and still upload it to my own channel while using Freedom?

I know there has got to be services out there that handle all licensing and bypasses the FCC issues regarding individuals and businesses uploading their own MP4's. Like me giving my work over to someone and letting them handle all the mess and issues. Is there such a way?

Thanks for any help and/or advise on who or where to go.
hi

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Ok so basically I would have to use the royalty free or creative commons audio / video materials before Freedom would touch my work. Gotcha. What I needed to know. Thanks

Yes unfortunately the whole of YouTube is quite strict on copyright and ownership of content (once you upload a video it becomes your intellectual property). It could possibly fall under fair use depending on how it is created, but I don't have all that much knowledge in the music/radio area.

More information about fair use can be found here https://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/fair-use.html