YouTube RE: Important updates to the YouTube Partner Program

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Hey #FreedomFamily,

At this point, you've probably already heard of the changes to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). And in case you haven't, here are the main points:

Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, the new threshold to be in YPP and have access to all monetization tools and features is 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers.

Creators need to surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Failure to do so results in losing your access to YPP. For our partners who have reached this threshold, you have nothing to worry about as this change will not affect you, your partnership and channel.

For everyone else, we want to address the fact that this is not Freedom!'s doing at all, just in case this part is not clear. We would not build this business just to kill it. As to what we are planning, honestly, we are looking at ways we can maintain the amazing relationships with all our partners through the community and possibly figure out ways of offering certain services. We are working on plans to maintain our relationships even if the channels are not partnered any longer. Rest assured that this is our number one priority and please be patient with us. We will be releasing our plans once we have them agreed upon across the leadership.

iJim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
iJimUK
Maybe I am in a one person group right now but I am kind of excited about these changes. I havnt hit 10,000 views on my channel yet so am not a full Freedom Partner and maybe I will loose my Partnered badge on my dashboard.
Saying that, this change does feel more a step back to the old YPP before they opened the gates to Everyone (which, as can be seen was probably one of YouTubes biggest mistakes). To me, this feels like a return to the YPP of old where you had to meet certain requirements, then you had to apply to become a partner and have your channel manually vetted before your application was accepted.

I also very much like the new review system for Preferred Creators.

I am interested to see how my application to join Freedom will be delayed in light of the new changes

Its time to Shine and make Awesome content...

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Well rip small channels without viral content earning anything, yea its not a main source of income but it can help to have that little extra. Myself like quite a few channels on Freedom will be effected by this which is sad to see. However it will be great if the channels with freedom can remain to have the same features they currently have access to or similar :)

Last edited:

RockieGO

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego
remember the Youtube days. they helped small Youtubers.
now that google took over, its hard to do anything. now where you have to have a small loan and find dead body's to do anything on YT.
Youutube is now a Full time(nothing or all) adventure now. not a part time have fun youtube adventure. anymore :( :( :'(

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I don't care about not being paid but the fact that not being a Freedom! partner and losing access to epidemic sound and 3D set(1 month of work), that's my biggest fear right now.... Btw what's happening for the prospect program ? Do we still get money or ?
Referrals should remain untouched, just remember that the channel needs to be accepted in order to be counted as a successful referral, meaning it'll need to have reached that threshold.
Anyone know if the custom URL's stay for channels between 100 and 1000 subscribers?
Doesn't sound to me like that will be changed and seems rather unlikely.

AudiobookGo

New User
Jan 17, 2018
YouTube
Referrals should remain untouched, just remember that the channel needs to be accepted in order to be counted as a successful referral, meaning it'll need to have reached that threshold.
Doesn't sound to me like that will be changed and seems rather unlikely.
Hoping not, I registered a .com domain with the same name and am working on developing that website. Not the end of the world if my youtube url doesn't match it but it'd be disappointing.

Steven James

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2017
YouTube
Looks like i will be loosing my partnership with freedom after you tube has made the new change what happened to you tube helping small you tubers nowadays

Gamedestroyers

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2015
YouTube
This sucks. Took a break over Christmas because had family and work to contend with and today getting ready to get back in the saddle and find this email from Google. I am a small channel that has been growing steadily over the past few months and it was never about the money lol. But losing al the benefits of freedom is truly going to suck.

DeathLives

NoX
Freedom! Member
Apr 4, 2014
Croatia
YouTube
GeorgeNoXGaming
I took a year or so of brake from YouTube as i didnt have the time for it and wanted to focus on other things. Was thinking of getting back into it but now i guess the decision was made for me. Well there goes my 2 dolars per month :p It was great for buying some game bundles that were really cheap. I guess if us small youtubers want to keep going we will have to do it for free. I personally won't continue to do content as i dont have incentive to do so. It took me over 3 years just to get to 300 subs lol so for me the goal of 1000 subs is far far away, too far

Eternal Nepatuna

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 23, 2016
East Coast US
YouTube
EternalNepatuna
Hey #FreedomFamily,

At this point, you've probably already heard of the changes to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). And in case you haven't, here are the main points:

Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, the new threshold to be in YPP and have access to all monetization tools and features is 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers.

Creators need to surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Failure to do so results in losing your access to YPP. For our partners who have reached this threshold, you have nothing to worry about as this change will not affect you, your partnership and channel.

For everyone else, we want to address the fact that this is not Freedom!'s doing at all, just in case this part is not clear. We would not build this business just to kill it. As to what we are planning, honestly, we are looking at ways we can maintain the amazing relationships with all our partners through the community and possibly figure out ways of offering certain services. We are working on plans to maintain our relationships even if the channels are not partnered any longer. Rest assured that this is our number one priority and please be patient with us. We will be releasing our plans once we have them agreed upon across the leadership.
So what would happen to people like me who have been a Youtube Partner for years since before the adpocalypse who will be affected by the amount of subs and views I don't have. 70 subs with about 8k views and 15k minutes of watchtime but that is lifetime based

JustNickD

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2017
Belgium
YouTube
DumoulinNick
I hate YOUTUBE!

Freedom! was the best experience in my history of making video's.
But this, will be the end of my channel.

• All video's including sound from epidemic sounds will be deleted.
  • All my money (€0,20) is gone
  • All my good memories will be gone
  • The Freedoom! partnership (This best partnership ever) GONE!
YOUTUBE IN MY ASS

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
So what would happen to people like me who have been a Youtube Partner for years since before the adpocalypse who will be affected by the amount of subs and views I don't have. 70 subs with about 8k views and 15k minutes of watchtime but that is lifetime based
Well in your case, and likewise with other content creators who don't fulfil the new requirements, it means that you would loose access to monetisation of content when the 30 day notice is up, you may also be removed from the network, due to these new rules which means you will also loose access to the tools provided by Freedom. However as it currently stands Freedom is looking into things and seeing if they would be able to still offer these tools etc, and when we know we shall announce things

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001