YouTube The problem with sharing youtube channels in comments

QuietBlackGuy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2014
Florida
YouTube
ThatStupidDoge
I don't think most people on youtube know that if they copy and paste the same ol' "Hey! I like your videos and subscribed, check out my content..etc." channel promo on every low channel video they come across, that it will go straight to the 'Comment marked as spam' section on youtube.

It's been happening a lot on my channel and I think they need to change their ways if they want any recognition lol.

What do you guys think?

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
It's happened a few times on mine too.

Honestly, talk about the video you're watching and offer to chat about a cross promote. I'm more likely to talk to you about that than to go through the steps to unblock your automatically marked as Spam message just pimping your channel.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I don't think most people on youtube know that if they copy and paste the same ol' "Hey! I like your videos and subscribed, check out my content..etc." channel promo on every low channel video they come across, that it will go straight to the 'Comment marked as spam' section on youtube.

It's been happening a lot on my channel and I think they need to change their ways if they want any recognition lol.

What do you guys think?
I get this sort of Spam daily on my channel but you gotta love them for trying.

At first i always deleted the comments but i started a sort of experiment and approved the messages and then i would react to a certain part of the comment. Mostly some end with 'Have a great day' so i would respond with 'Hope you have a great day too'
Short after they kept spamming free comments but i always responded to only the social aspect of the spam comment and now a little while later they have becoming active 'Normal' subs where i have a convo with from time to time XD

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015

At first i always deleted the comments but i started a sort of experiment and approved the messages and then i would react to a certain part of the comment. Mostly some end with 'Have a great day' so i would respond with 'Hope you have a great day too'
Short after they kept spamming free comments but i always responded to only the social aspect of the spam comment and now a little while later they have becoming active 'Normal' subs where i have a convo with from time to time XD

That's ... I never thought of that

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

Definitely one of the nicest ways to deal with them, and it seemed to work out for you so thats a plus :)

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

AstoraFPS

Freedom! Member
I have a few of these, and I am very glad that YouTube automatically spam marks these comments, it's just a really scummy way of asking for attention from other creators audiences, I feel like if you resort to posting spam links in comments sections then it really doesn't speak highly of you as a creator.