YouTube What are the best 4k cameras for making videos

Earl Allard

Rising User
Dec 1, 2017
YouTube
I have been using a cheap sony camcorder to make music videos on my youtube channel and I am looking to upgrade. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a 4k camera that is somewhat inexpensive.

TheWarGamer11

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 6, 2014
YouTube
thewargamer11
I would recommend a Canon M50, and the main reason why I recommend this camera as it allows for practically endless options, it a Mirrorless DSLR, so you can swap out the lens as needed, it allows for video out via mini HDMI, shoots 4K at 24.9 FPS, a 3.5mm microphone jack which is perfect as you can attach a shotgun mic top the top of the camera, or what we use is a wireless lavalier microphone.

There are many kits on amazon that are about the same price as the camera and lens that it comes with (around $650). the best thing about a DSLR is that you can attach many different lens and filters giving you whatever effect your looking for, without being stuck with a camera with one lens that you paid $400 for.

There are many reviews out there for this camera and the model before it (M100) but the one thing that is a deal breaker for me about the M100 is that it doesn't have a mic input.

Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, feel free to message me.