YouTube YouTube introduces a brand new tab.

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
YouTube introduced a brand new tab recently. It's called the up and coming tab. It is only in the USA right now. I this tab you will discover small channels that just crossed the 1,000 sub mark in whatever category of YouTube content you watch. This is a great way for small channels to get noticed. A lot of YouTubers will benefit from this.

Reactions: AFKPlays

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
YouTube introduced a brand new tab recently. It's called the up and coming tab. It is only in the USA right now. I this tab you will discover small channels that just crossed the 1,000 sub mark in whatever category of YouTube content you watch. This is a great way for small channels to get noticed. A lot of YouTubers will benefit from this.
Why the 1000 sub mark?

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
Yea i noticed that too but 1,000 is super hard to get for small channels but in the view of youtube that's the lowest they can go! lol

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
I'm guessing having millions of channels they had to set some sort of base point, otherwise it would take too long to calculate. Also if a channel with 1 sub grows to 20 subs that would be a 20x growth, which might not be that much of a change. However 1,000 to 20,000 is a pretty big increase.
It's understandable why they chose 1,000. I guess us smaller channels have to grind to 1,000

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
I'm guessing having millions of channels they had to set some sort of base point, otherwise it would take too long to calculate. Also if a channel with 1 sub grows to 20 subs that would be a 20x growth, which might not be that much of a change. However 1,000 to 20,000 is a pretty big increase.
Ah... I see, that makes sense...Although after getting to a 1000 you get somewhat stable tbh......The journey there is just pure grind:confused: