Monster Hunter World Beta Review

No comments have been found at this time

Details

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Posted by zeke morgan
Review for the Beta of Monster Hunter World, which is an upcoming action role playing game in which you can enjoy the ultimate hunting experience, using everything at your disposal in a world teeming with surprises and excitement.

Monster Hunter World is schedules for release on PS4 and XboxOne on January 26th 2018, however the exclusive Playstation Beta test is available until December 12th at 4.59pm (UTC).

The Monster Hunter World Beta allows players to trial three different quests in two different locations, in the luxurious green fields of the 'Ancient Forest' and the sandy landscapes of the 'Wildspire Waste'.

During the Monster Hunter World Beta players will be able to choose from a range of six preset character choices for both male and female hunters as well as six presets for their Palico's (AI companions). Also available is a full text and voice chat as well as a handy training arena for players to try out the 14 weapon types available.

Monster Hunter World Beta also provides a participation bonus which carries over to the full retail version of the game, which are face paints and a selection of item sets which could contain things like life powder, max potions and shock traps.

However during my time playing the Monster Hunter World Beta I found it to be a very haphazard hack and slash adventure requiring little to no skill to master. Even for me, who has never played a Monster Hunter game before I was easily able to defeat the three bosses with relative ease. Added to this the green fireflies that outline points on interest in the environment also rob the game of any sense of personal tracking or accomplishment, as you don't need to rely on your senses to track your prey only follow them across the screen.

With that being said though I did think the weapon variation is ok, all the weapons available did feel slightly different and allows players to adapt to their particular playstyle.

If you enjoyed this review and found it helpful then why not leave a like, comment, share and subscribe, also don't forget to hit that notification icon so you never miss a video.
0     0     1,331