My Thoughts on Past Cure (2018)

A good....you seem to have stopped part of the way through your sentence. Do you mean its a good game , a good review, a good summary, a good laugh?

Details

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:43 AM
Posted by zeke morgan
Review for Past Cure (2018)

Past Cure (2018) is a third person action game, in which you play as an ex-soldier called Ian who has been subjected to mysterious experiments resulting in him having amnesia and more strangely some psychic powers - namely astral projection and an ability to slow time.

Past Cure (2018) is fascinatingly awful in every aspect, it almost adds a genuine sense of anticipation for the next major flaw. The incoherent storytelling and lack of any understandable plot could be somewhat overlooked, but the dreadfully bad voice acting, bad control system, abysmal AI behaviour, poor graphics and glitches quickly make it a hot contender for worst game of 2018.

At time I wondered if game protagonist Ian was being forced to read a telephone directory at gunpoint due to the total lack of emotion being portrayed. Oh and lets not forget the enemies who show as much tactical sense as a traffic cone. I would honest say avoid Past Cure (2018) at all costs.

Even when you think about the main character appearing to be styled partly by John Wick and partly by Sebastian Castellanos (from the Evil Within), and the similarities of other games - for example the sanity metre styled from games such as Fahrenheit and Moonlight Sonata being played from the Resident Evil franchise we are still left with a very poor and severely underwhelming game.

Additionally the psychic powers seem like a very limited afterthought with most of the game being able to played without even considering these, and the change of pace part the way through from a third person shooter to a more stealth based gameplay, filled with instant fail sections doesn’t really fit with the narrative being portrayed.

If you enjoyed this review then please don’t hesitate to leave a like, comment, share and subscribe, and if you have played Past Cure (2018) then please don’t hesitate to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
2     0     1,638