YouTube Something strange

Rhan

so we posted a video back in December and it was doing pretty well up until now, for the past day and a half it seems to have gone up by about 700 views and it seems like it's still rising. This just seems very unnatural for our channel, since we are a very small channel. Anyone have an idea on what's happening?

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Nice! This sometimes happen to some of my older videos. They just randomly start getting traction and take off like wildfire for months!

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
It has happen on some of my videos too.

Attachments

• 2018-02-23 08_42_02-Analytics - YouTube.png
    2018-02-23 08_42_02-Analytics - YouTube.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 4

Mike Newman

Rising User
Freedom! Member
so we posted a video back in December and it was doing pretty well up until now, for the past day and a half it seems to have gone up by about 700 views and it seems like it's still rising. This just seems very unnatural for our channel, since we are a very small channel. Anyone have an idea on what's happening?
I had this in December of last year and did a little digging.
I found that on the mobile app if someone has their phone in portrait mode and you are on their reccommended home page the video auto plays muted with subtitles. I have seen this with many people i watch. Try it for yourself to see
Note: it only really works when your video is paused on.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Sounds like a good thing to me :) This tends to happen when a search word that is in one of your videos is trending or another popular YouTuber uploads a similar video and your video gets placed in the recommended sidebar. You should be able to find where the views are coming from with your YouTube analytics