ill be reviewing channels today and give you the cold hard truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wolfe

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
YouTube
today im waiting on new recording equipment so no new youtube videos for today so to burn some time ill do a cold hard truth review on your channel. let me know asap what your channel is. ive got until about 3pm central

G

Gods of Odds

I'll have a review, my channel is Gods of Odds. I know I do need some better thumbnails.

King Wolfe

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
YouTube
I'll have a review, my channel is Gods of Odds. I know I do need some better thumbnails.
light music in background helps. so add some

an intro helps on watch time so get one. 15 second intro is perfect. youtube algorithms track audience watch time so create something interesting to say at the beginning of every video to keep your audience engaged. every so often post a video about something relevant to the game youre playing.

main banner needs to be redone, its depressing

black ops video editing needs to be better. aim higher than 720p.add color and sharpen. look for drift0rs tutorials on video rendering and editing.

dont be a sportscaster when playing black ops. have a notepad on the side of interesting things to talk about and selectively commentate on certain kills while talking about interesting topics

dont include your youtube id in your tags as it throws off the whole search optimization for what your videos about. also include "how to" and "tutorial" in your tags

and be more excited when playing. you have the accent and voice of a good commentator but your bringing yourself down by not providing the energy. dont worry about embarassment you will give yourself by being more energetic as you are engaged in a war with other youtubers who are essentially doing it.

whatever your title is it should be the first line in your description and your tags

hope this helps you and never give up. treat your channel as if 1,000,000 people are watching at all times.

G

Gods of Odds

Ok thanks, I am trying to get a new banner and logo done and I do agree with everything you said. Thanks for the review and i'll try to improve.

King Wolfe

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
YouTube
Review my channel and tell me the whole truth nothing but the truth
get a better mic. audio quality is good but could be better.

ask questions to your audience to create engagement. you only have 9 subs but subs arent the factor right now. if you ask questions early some will know the answers and post a comment. once you create that engagement they are more inclined to be a sub.

add more information in your titles and carry them over like youre doing to your description and tags

higher resolution than just 720 on your videos. believe it or not some people wont even play anything lower than 1080.

your tags are good

entertainment is good. the people you play with probably need to be a little clearer and sit closer to the mic.

since youre a smaller channel post 3 or more videos weekly in order to gain ground organically in search.

get an intro as well.

you seem like a funny guy so create funny thumbnails to draw in more people.

overall youre on the right track just make some of these improvements

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
Would love it if you do mine. I love constructive criticism, even though I can't take it... Heheh..

No worries though, I know where I stand in terms of improvement but having thoughts of others and not just myself helps. I know I'm not an active YouTuber so whatever you do, please do not mention that, since it's already obvious.

Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86maJlOb1ae9YdRlL9B_MA

King Wolfe

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
YouTube
Would love it if you do mine. I love constructive criticism, even though I can't take it... Heheh..

No worries though, I know where I stand in terms of improvement but having thoughts of others and not just myself helps. I know I'm not an active YouTuber so whatever you do, please do not mention that, since it's already obvious.

Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86maJlOb1ae9YdRlL9B_MA

nice banner,

good name

need more videos to give you a better review. get consistent 3 or more videos a week

good audio quality

good video quality

seo needs to be better, better title, better desciption, better tags meaning keep your tags about the game youre playing and what youre trying to do. dont go off topic with tags because it will alter your video ranking

better webcam placement. youre looking down in your webcam. keep the cameral level to what youre looking at.

create thumbnails, free service that i use is ipiccy. simple and easy

try starting off making tutorials about the games you play

overall you have a good foundation keep it up!

Reactions: Quatec

King Wolfe

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
YouTube
I need a review please.
better profile pic, hard to tell what it says. use a pic of yourself if possible or create a better logo

banners good

your latest video you were giving tips, yet nothing showed that in your title and description. that will certainly hurt you to offer information but not have it in your title description or tags.

make your webcam smaller about 25% more so its easier to watch what youre playing

aim higher than 720p on your video quality

brush up on search engine optimization (seo) for your channel

stay consistent. 3-5 videos per week for channels with less than 5k subs

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
nice banner,

good name

need more videos to give you a better review. get consistent 3 or more videos a week

good audio quality

good video quality

seo needs to be better, better title, better desciption, better tags meaning keep your tags about the game youre playing and what youre trying to do. dont go off topic with tags because it will alter your video ranking

better webcam placement. youre looking down in your webcam. keep the cameral level to what youre looking at.

create thumbnails, free service that i use is ipiccy. simple and easy

try starting off making tutorials about the games you play

overall you have a good foundation keep it up!
I appreciate it! Although I have no other places to put my webcamera as of right now, other than putting it on top of my monitor. I also create my thumbnails, but I appreciate the source!

Thank you bro :)

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
Review would be cool, I ordered a new mic so the small static in the background will disappear in a week but is there anything else I can improve on?
What microphone did you have before and after? You can remove the stutter in Audacity if you're bothered to edit your voice or microphone quality, or just go ahead and use Adobe Audition.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
What microphone did you have before and after? You can remove the stutter in Audacity if you're bothered to edit your voice or microphone quality, or just go ahead and use Adobe Audition.
Nah I tried audacity but I just prefer to get a new one, I ordered a Turtlebeach PX21 instead of a blue snowball because I just prefer headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.