Gaming A Big Hello To All The Freedom Family From itsGoingSkitzo!

ItsGoingSkitzo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2018
uk
YouTube
Now before I start a long winded ramble telling you all about myself, I would like to make it perfectly that I hate doing this kind of thing :D I am a person that has NO issues speak his mind on a myriad of subjects...from politics to Pokemon...from football (Soccer for the Americans ) to food. Yet when asked to talk about myself I struggle. I suppose we all have idiosyncrasy's that define us as individuals...And that is what makes meeting new people and making new friends such an interesting and rewarding part of life.

I consider myself a mature Gamer (I'm 45 by the way)...Now the word mature refers to my age...not necessarily to my personality :D Im from the UK....Which may explain my warped sense of humor :D

I have always been massively into games and, due to my age, I have around long enough to see the evolution of Gaming as both an industry and as a Culture. Over the years, I have owned most of the gaming consoles that have been produced...As well as always being a PC Gamer. Some of fondest memories of gaming revolve around the older consoles and the sense of wonder you get at seeing certain iconic games for the first time. I still recall vividly how gobsmacked I was when i played Final Fantasy VII for the first time...It was a game that defined a genre for me and set the benchmark for every RPG that has since been released (DISCLAIMER: This is only my opinion :p)

In the early years, gaming was simply a novelty past time...Yet both Sony and Microsoft changed that with the introduction of there consoles. Gone were the days of needing a Degree in computer science just to get your mouse to work or the latest game to play without creating the infamous blue screen of death. These consoles simplified the process of gaming and brought the concept of playing games into the mainstream consciousness of the mass market.

I have been on YouTube for roughly 11 months, although for roughly 3 months after creating the channel, i messed around on Twitch...Because people kept telling me that Twitch was the 'Best place to be'. Now, don't get me wrong, Twitch is a much more inclusive experience , but for me it felt like a ghost town.

So i made the switch back to YouTube and, instead of recording footage and uploading it, I started Live Streaming. This was the best decision i have ever made. Slowly but surely my channel started to grow and, over the months, I met a lot of people whom I take great pleasure in chatting with and many of these are now people I consider good friends.

My YouTube channel premise is simple: I play a lot of games...And i stream EVERYTHING i play. Thats it...No fancy editing of videos...No preconceived format or aim when i'm streaming...Too me the game im playing is secondary to the interactions that take place between myself and my subscribers. My channel has, by some subscribers been referred to as a YouTube Social Media Chatroom :D I also stream alot...In the short time my channel has existed, i have created around 4000 videos from Live Streams...Although I recently did some spring cleaning, so i currently only have just under 1400 active videos on the channel (lol).

Now over the months, people have asked me, "What is it you want from doing YT...Do you want to be famous? Do you want to be rich?"

Now the answer to these questions is simple...NO...Fame is something I would actively avoid as I enjoy my privacy to much (which i know seems to be a contradiction for someone who live streams on YT) and getting rich of what YT pay is something that is never going to happen tbh...but even so....its not the reason I do my channel...and never will be.

In regards to why I joined Freedom...I was with my previous MCN for 6 months...During that time I had no communication or interactions with them...It was a total waste of time tbh. I wanted to join a MCN that had a more interactive experience and, also, I wanted to join a MCN that had a community that was strong, active and, hopefully, willing to offer tips and advice for small You Tubers like myself. I feel that Freedom ticked all those boxes.

Now I have only been a member for a couple of days, but I have spent that time lurking in the background whilst I got to grips with everything offered by Freedom. I also have been spending my time in these forums getting to grips with the type of community I'm now part of.I am massively impressed with what I have seen so far and feel overwhelmingly confident that Freedom is a place I am more than happy to now call home.

Anyway, I did warn you all at the start that I like to ramble...So before this post becomes longer than the combined works of William Shakespeare, I am going to stop myself now. however, I would just like to take this opportunity to say how much I'm looking forward to becoming an active member of the Freedom family and also can not wait to meet and interact with you all in the near future. Ciao For Now!

Reactions: LW and Row

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Wow, you sure do like to type :p

Welcome to the Freedom! forums! We hope to see more of you around~ Here are some cool things you can do as a new member:
  • Get a chance to win $200 worth of prizes, join Freedom!'s latest contest here
  • Swing by the chat box located at the bottom right part of the forums (We'll be waiting (y) (Y))
  • Try Tapatalk if you're on mobile - for easier forum browsing.
  • Read through the forum rules and check out our FAQs
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck with your channel and happy foruming! :D:D

ItsGoingSkitzo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2018
uk
YouTube
Thanks again for the Welcomes people!

Wow, you sure do like to type :p

Indeed I Do...Which is also why I put a safety warning into the first sentence of the post :D[DOUBLEPOST=1520467496][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welcome to the Freedom! Community forums! You upload a ton on your channel! 8 videos in the past day!

hehe...i was'nt joking in the post when i said "My YouTube channel premise is simple: I play a lot of games...And i stream EVERYTHING i play.".

And i really meant EVERYTHING :D

Reactions: RyanSellers