About Graphics in Sport Games

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Hi there,

I have recently seen advertisement for the latest WWE game. The graphics are now as for every major sport release impressive.

However, I had to giggle when I have seen the settings for matches from the "Raw is War" era.
This show was never presented in HD and you could buy some on VHS.

The same is for old Football, Hockey.... matches.

I find it impressive that gaming technology to play past events have now much better resolution as the recordings of these events.

What is your take on it? Are we close to a limit of what is possible for graphic of this kind of genre?

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
Hi there,

I have recently seen advertisement for the latest WWE game. The graphics are now as for every major sport release impressive.

However, I had to giggle when I have seen the settings for matches from the "Raw is War" era.
This show was never presented in HD and you could buy some on VHS.

The same is for old Football, Hockey.... matches.

I find it impressive that gaming technology to play past events have now much better resolution as the recordings of these events.

What is your take on it? Are we close to a limit of what is possible for graphic of this kind of genre?
I love the wwe games and would agree!

Unrelated Question
Do you think the new game will be as bad as wwe2k15? That game ruined the fun of all the previous games.

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
I love the wwe games and would agree!

Unrelated Question
Do you think the new game will be as bad as wwe2k15? That game ruined the fun of all the previous games.
In fairness I own only one of these games and haven`t played 2k15. In fairness I buy sport games only from time to time as previous games of this (and other series) are quite the same but get only roster or graphic updates.

I was only impressed that a game looked better than the show which was the inspiration. I don`t know if I buy this one as NJPW has also announced a the first game since a decade or so.