Tips & Tricks Any amateur (or pro) sound engineers have tips for audio processing?

Astinax

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2014
YouTube
astinax98
Hey guys!
I've been really looking into audio processing recently, and I've tried many different audio processing settings and I'm still not quite happy with the result. So I turned to google to look for some EQ & compression guidelines but much of them were for male voices and also, I kind of consider my voice to be quite atypical so internet didn't help that much in me trying to achieve the perfect settings...
So I thought, it would be nice to have a thread about that on the forums if anybody has any tips for me or others on the quest for the perfect settings! :)

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Your voice is ten times better and it sounds absolutely flawless with the set up you have, I wish mine was so good sounding like yours..

Reactions: Astinax

Astinax

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2014
YouTube
astinax98
Your voice is ten times better and it sounds absolutely flawless with the set up you have, I wish mine was so good sounding like yours..
aaw thank you ^^ but I feel like it's not super consistent, sometimes it sounds a bit too nasal & snappy and other times not enough xD
But anyways, if you're wondering what I'm doing is I bumping up frequencies around 4kHz and 11kHz and then I'm adding a few dB around 200Hz, removing around 800Hz and adding again around 3kHz
And then compression & then a bit of hard limiter :)

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
aaw thank you ^^ but I feel like it's not super consistent, sometimes it sounds a bit too nasal & snappy and other times not enough xD
But anyways, if you're wondering what I'm doing is I bumping up frequencies around 4kHz and 11kHz and then I'm adding a few dB around 200Hz, removing around 800Hz and adding again around 3kHz
And then compression & then a bit of hard limiter :)

No wonder why it sounds so sexy ;)...

I rarely do anything with my audio, I keep it like it is cos its easy, no hard work and quick to upload to YouTube. But I should start doing that too, just in case :D

Reactions: Astinax