Best Microphone For Beginners On YouTube Review

Andrew's Graphic Designs

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 22, 2015
Georgia, United States
YouTube
Andrew10Tan
Hello Freedom! Partners, I felt like helping you guys and girls out because on the community forum, there are lots of people asking "Which microphone out there is the best?"... etc. There are also many other questions out there that need to be answered but for me, I think the microphone needs to be answered in one thread with a full explanation of why I chose this microphone as my first microphone and why I think its the best microphone for beginners as well.

Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

http://amzn.to/1ZVhR9e

The reason I chose this microphone as my first microphone for YouTube is first of all, its an affordable price for my budget. But you guys might say, thats for your budget not for everyone else, well this thread might not help you much, HOWEVER, if you are willing to save up for this price, this will help you or maybe you want to get this for your Birthday or for your Christmas present. This microphone is not the cheapest with the best audio quality but the amount you pay is what you get for this microphone. The Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ is not too heavy so you can bring it anywhere you like and record your voice. When you get the box with the microphone in it with the wires, they give you a black leather bag to put the wires, stand, and microphone holder which is very helpful. The audio quality for this microphone, I would rate an eight. The reason is because I am comparing it to the way a Blue Snowball would sound and of course when you compare it to that, the value for the audio lowers for the Audio-Technica. The Audio-Technica is very good at not detecting any background noise and your breathing, meaning its not sensitive at all, the microphone is condensed. The wire included with this microphone is pretty long so you will not need an extension cord, even if your computer is like I don't know maybe 10 feet away, I don't think you will need an extension cord. The stand for the microphone that comes in the box, is not stable. If you accidentally hit the table or shake the table, the microphone will fall down. That brings me to the next part, which is the microphone holder, you have to point the microphone holder upwards so the stand stays up and does not fall down. I think that is common sense but for this, I want to put out as much information as I can. The microphone does not have an off or on button so the only way for you to record is to plug it into the computer/laptop/mac. The microphone does have a headset jack which I do not use because for me its not needed. Another button or switch it doesn't have but would be useful would be the mute button or switch. However, if you are not lazy to cut out that extra part of noise, then you will be fine with it. Alright, now you know about all the pros and cons, lets talk about why I think its the best microphone for beginners? Its very simple, first, its affordable for everyone, its a simple microphone meaning its not so complicated to setup/cleanup, and there is no drivers to install.