YouTube Best Mic's for recording

AstoraFPS

Freedom! Member
If you want a budget Mic from about 50-80£/$ then a blue snowball is the best way to start, it's solid, well built and provides great quaility for beginners and even intermediate content creators, it's got glowing reviews and I started with one myself, one you move up the market you have 4 main choices for the vast majority of content creation, those are the Razer Seiren, the Rode NT USB, Blue Yeti and the Audio technika AT2020, of those I've owned all but the Rode and I could recommend all of them but by far the best Mic for value for money is the Yeti, it's audio quality is perfect and I likely won't replace it unless it breaks or dies of it's own accord, can't recommend it enough.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
I was looking to get a microphone for recording videos, I currently use a headset mic. My question is what is a good and affordable microphone? Thank you for any help.
Depends on the budget....Basic mics: Blue Snowball, Samson Meteor, Blue Yeti or something like that...If you got the buck..then: Audio Technica AT2020, Blue Spark or something like that! :)

TotalGamerHolic

Distinguished User
Nov 4, 2014
US, Ohio
YouTube
Blue microphones are your best friend I think. I use a Blue Yeti which costs about $150, but you can get a Snowball for much cheaper. On the headset side, I've only used one in my LPs and it was a Logitech H530 which is over $100.

Astinax

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2014
YouTube
astinax98
For a long time I used the Samson C03U with a shock mount and a pop filter. Perhaps a shock mounts wouldn't be necessary to you, but a pop filter definitely. Also, the way you process & edit your audio will matter much more than the actual microphone you use, so I'd recommend you to look a bit into that. Many softwares can help you do that, including free ones like Audacity :)
I'd recommend adobe audition though because it's just really well made & if you edit with adobe premiere pro, it integrates absolutely seamlessly ^^