Big youtubers with less views than subs

G

Gods of Odds

I know people have a lot of different opinions on where big youtubers have a lot less views than the amount of subscribers that they have but I wanted to know what all of think. Is it possible then they have done sub for sub maybe when they weren't as big just to get more subscribers?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
If their overall views are less than subscribers then probably something is going on, could be sub4sub or a site that they signed up to, to gain subs. Also it could be possible that they deleted a video/s that had a lot of views. Best to usually just let them do their own thing, gaining illegitimate wont help your channel out in the long run.

G

Gods of Odds

If their overall views are less than subscribers then probably something is going on, could be sub4sub or a site that they signed up to, to gain subs. Also it could be possible that they deleted a video/s that had a lot of views. Best to usually just let them do their own thing, gaining illegitimate wont help your channel out in the long run.
Thanks for the reply and I agree with you but I mean people like pewdiepie and just the channels with over 1 million subs and some of them don't even get half of their subscribers in views. Also I mean in each video not the overall views on their whole channel.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Any YouTuber than has more subs than views automatically comes across as suspicious.
A 10k channel might have less views because they deleted or unlisted a bunch of videos, or they Sub4Sub'd (cheated the system).

However, as for average views, as your rely entales. A big channel will never receive 1:1 average views - subscribers. Since all channels of all sizes that matter have dead subscribers. Whether they be literally dead or just don't watch anymore. I know I'm subscribed to a few guys that I only want on occasion. A good rule of thumb is to be certain that absolutely every video you post receives about 10-20% as many views as you have subscribers.
So if you have 100 subscribers, you know you've been growing good if you can post any video with no tags and no advertising whatsoever and receive between 10 and 20 views. That would indicate that your subscribers who have subscribed have a tendency to come back and view at a later date, which is the purpose of subscribing. If someone subscribes for something other than to come back and view, then they are not worth calling your fan. That's one of the reasons that I vie against self-advertising, because you end up with so many dead subscribers.

G

Gods of Odds

Any YouTuber than has more subs than views automatically comes across as suspicious.
A 10k channel might have less views because they deleted or unlisted a bunch of videos, or they Sub4Sub'd (cheated the system).

However, as for average views, as your rely entales. A big channel will never receive 1:1 average views - subscribers. Since all channels of all sizes that matter have dead subscribers. Whether they be literally dead or just don't watch anymore. I know I'm subscribed to a few guys that I only want on occasion. A good rule of thumb is to be certain that absolutely every video you post receives about 10-20% as many views as you have subscribers.
So if you have 100 subscribers, you know you've been growing good if you can post any video with no tags and no advertising whatsoever and receive between 10 and 20 views. That would indicate that your subscribers who have subscribed have a tendency to come back and view at a later date, which is the purpose of subscribing. If someone subscribes for something other than to come back and view, then they are not worth calling your fan. That's one of the reasons that I vie against self-advertising, because you end up with so many dead subscribers.
Thanks for replying and all of what you said makes sense.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
A lot of the big YouTubers have a really bad view to sub ratio but it's not because they used sub4sub or anything like that, however if you see a smaller channel that doesn't produce decent content getting 50 subscribers everyday with no views then it's pretty obvious it's sub4sub

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
I am sure a big part of it is that as NW mentioned, people who are subscribed to a channel don't necessarily ALWAYS watch that YouTubers videos. It could be a result of sub4sub...who knows? Or they just don't watch videos in general as much as they used to. Their are definitely people who subscribe to channel's and NEVER watch again. Which would probably explain.:confused:

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
It happens all too easily with some channels, sometimes it can be s4s(sub for sub) or buying views. Whichever it may be, it hinders said channel, which isn't exactly good for any content creator. (For more details, Nolan Westmore covers it, in posts before this)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
From my own experience i can see that some video's or content is more populair then other among viewers wich could be the reason some video's do better or worse then others.

That aside the next common thing is indeed dead subscribers wich every channel is bound to get sometime, only difference is the amount of dead subs.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
most of them didn't do that. most of them did callaberate or got lucky with good sponsors.