SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hello,

I'm making this thread to tell you guys how much I'm disappointed about people, and how much they can lie to someone and hope it will help their relationship as a friend any further.

I do YouTube from my free time and I'm wasting so many hours to make content for YouTube and when I wake up and still see 0 views 1 like 0 comments on the video, it is an heart breaking situation to any YouTuber, and I know some of you will say "Oh poohoo, so have everyone" please find ME ONE god damn channel who goes through what I go through? I betcha you are not gonna find one channel..

I'm no longer gonna be part of this, so I'm quitting, I don't feel like doing content which nobody likes and what I love and like to do...

Here is also a tweet about it:
Here is the tweet
The funny thing is, she says "I'm loved"... Yeah, RIGHT...

I'm currently rendering my very last video of the YouTube and after that I will never upload any videos any more, I will play video games without going into them and thinking to record them, because like I have said, I'm done doing what I do when receiving nothing back from them...

Yes, this is a complaining, but I honestly don't care anymore.

A very last video on my Channel;
[video link removed] please see discussion section rules

Analytics;

What a great feest to look at.

So, good bye and good luck with your channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlevelgrinders

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2016
YouTube
Man, I looked through your channel and you've only been on youtube for roughly 4 months, you can't get discouraged so fast, there's so much competition on youtube that videos are hard to be seen, I forget what the stats are but its something like 300 videos are uploaded per minute so you have to take that in consideration, I vote don't give up so easily but thats just my 2 cents

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Your greatest downfall is definitely your metadata. You can't expect to get more than a few views in a saturated market when your tags are weak. The tags, they are relevant to your video, but if I search for those tags I'll find videos like yours but will never find your specific video. Those tags, and videos related to those tags, have been made hundreds of thousands of times before, a new channel has an absolute 0% chance of finding the front page of search when the tags are generic.

"Mad Max", yes it is a tag, but it's also a tag that everyone else who has ever played Mad Max for YouTube has used and it makes it a throwaway tag, one you put there for relevance but don't expect to get views from. Your success on YouTube is directly related to people finding your videos. People finding your videos is directly related to how you optimize it to be found. From what I have seen, you have done nothing to optimize your videos for search results.

Reactions: JakeVegas

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Your greatest downfall is definitely your metadata. You can't expect to get more than a few views in a saturated market when your tags are weak. The tags, they are relevant to your video, but if I search for those tags I'll find videos like yours but will never find your specific video. Those tags, and videos related to those tags, have been made hundreds of thousands of times before, a new channel has an absolute 0% chance of finding the front page of search when the tags are generic.

"Mad Max", yes it is a tag, but it's also a tag that everyone else who has ever played Mad Max for YouTube has used and it makes it a throwaway tag, one you put there for relevance but don't expect to get views from. Your success on YouTube is directly related to people finding your videos. People finding your videos is directly related to how you optimize it to be found. From what I have seen, you have done nothing to optimize your videos for search results.

My success is also very related to the people who share that video, like it and subscribe via that video, tags do help, but when a viewer likes the content he watches and likes it, then that impacts the channel more and helps more to get into search results than tags alone.

Sharing a video in social medias like Facebook and Twitter (explained above) will also help the channel out magnificently, I know that since that is where 10-20% of the views come from for the bigger channels out there.

With this channel, I sure am 4 months old, but I also had YouTube channels (which can still be searched for) have been out for 10 years.

Man, I looked through your channel and you've only been on youtube for roughly 4 months, you can't get discouraged so fast, there's so much competition on youtube that videos are hard to be seen, I forget what the stats are but its something like 300 videos are uploaded per minute so you have to take that in consideration, I vote don't give up so easily but thats just my 2 cents

I know that there is a competition when it comes to YouTube, but as someone who does YouTube, he also shares his content on Twitter for example, and those followers on Twitter should easily see my videos, especially those who follow me on Twitter, same goes on Facebook.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
My success is also very related to the people who share that video, like it and subscribe via that video, tags do help, but when a viewer likes the content he watches and likes it, then that impacts the channel more and helps more to get into search results than tags alone.

Sharing a video in social medias like Facebook and Twitter (explained above) will also help the channel out magnificently, I know that since that is where 10-20% of the views come from for the bigger channels out there.

With this channel, I sure am 4 months old, but I also had YouTube channels (which can still be searched for) have been out for 10 years.

I know that there is a competition when it comes to YouTube, but as someone who does YouTube, he also shares his content on Twitter for example, and those followers on Twitter should easily see my videos, especially those who follow me on Twitter, same goes on Facebook.
Being reliant on people sharing your content and having people find your stuff by chance on Twitter is not the best way to conduct things on YouTube. Your majority audience is on YouTube and will only find you on YouTube, which is why SEO is so damn important for the little guy.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I do YouTube from my free time and I'm wasting so many hours to make content for YouTube and when I wake up and still see 0 views 1 like 0 comments on the video, it is an heart breaking situation to any YouTuber, and I know some of you will say "Oh poohoo, so have everyone" please find ME ONE god damn channel who goes through what I go through? I betcha you are not gonna find one channel..

Well a couple of my twitter friends go through it and they don't really complain... they are good to talk to but I don't have time to watch their videos and they are pretty understanding of that despite the fact that they basically get next to no views.

Heck even my numbers are pretty bleh for someone with more than 1,500 subscribers. It's not the no views no interaction problem you have but it still probably doesn't look good. I don't complain though because one I am having fun and two I know this is just one big long process and if you ever want to make it out on top you have to go through highs and lows. (But mostly lows) I've been making let's play content for almost 3 years now but I bet most people in my situation would have quit a long time ago due to the lack of a channel blow up and heck my channel is hardly what you would call a worst case scenario when it comes to channel growth.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlevelgrinders

GucciCarry

Oct 19, 2016
YouTube
Smithtainment
I agree with Kratos. I have 1,700+ and some of my videos don't get a lot of traffic. Honestly most of the time your videos will always be less views than your subscribers unless you make some content that people view over and over or it gets spread around. If you look at pewdiepie he gets about 2 to 5 million views per video yet he has 48 million subs. He obviously doesn't get 48 million views per video.

Aj the kid

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 14, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hello,

I'm making this thread to tell you guys how much I'm disappointed about people, and how much they can lie to someone and hope it will help their relationship as a friend any further.

I'm no longer gonna be part of this, so I'm quitting, I don't feel like doing content which nobody likes and what I love and like to do...

Here is also a tweet about it:
Here is the tweet
The funny thing is, she says "I'm loved"... Yeah, RIGHT...

I'm currently rendering my very last video of the YouTube and after that I will never upload any videos any more, I will play video games without going into them and thinking to record them, because like I have said, I'm done doing what I do when receiving nothing back from them...

Yes, this is a complaining, but I honestly don't care anymore.

A very last video on my Channel;
[video link removed] please see discussion section rules

Analytics;

What a great feest to look at.

So, good bye and good luck with your channel.
Hey man you cannot give up so easily and at the same time you cannot have growth so quickly trust me i know what you are saying and yes it may look depressing now but give it some time i am really sorry that you feel that way but you shouldn't give up this has to motivate you to make more content to better yourself as a YouTube channel

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
I watched the video that was made about quitting, it seems you only want to do YouTube for the fame.. not really the best route to go down in my opinion.

Everyone starts slow, do it because you enjoy it, not because you want to be famous. I don't care if I get 1,000 or 1 view, I do it to enjoy it, not to be famous.

More to the point as mentioned above, your titles, descriptions and tags are terrible and the main reason why you are getting no views. Get them sorted and you will see improvement.

GucciCarry

Oct 19, 2016
YouTube
Smithtainment
I watched the video that was made about quitting, it seems you only want to do YouTube for the fame.. not really the best route to go down in my opinion.

Everyone starts slow, do it because you enjoy it, not because you want to be famous. I don't care if I get 1,000 or 1 view, I do it to enjoy it, not to be famous.

More to the point as mentioned above, your titles, descriptions and tags are terrible and the main reason why you are getting no views. Get them sorted and you will see improvement.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

OutRage274

New User
Oct 21, 2016
YouTube
Come on man, why quit when you don't have anything to loose by just posting up videos about yourself everyday? You always have something to gain on Youtube but you don't have anything to loose.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr

To a point. The creation of generic content relating to a genre nets a guarantee of slow growth which could be either initial or permanent. When there is a substantially sized genre of particular content that is hypersaturated, making content that is made by everyone else does not net growth, period.
Face it, YouTube is a platform where there is a ladder, whether or not you intend to climb it you'll go up a few of the rungs. So it's best to climb it with both arms and legs. Your body weight climbing said ladder can be conceptualized as the amount of others doing the exact same thing who are bigger than you, on the day you create your channel, your weight can be described as infinite if you make generic content. Which, while it sounds mean to say it, is exactly what the OP was doing. You can shed a few pounds by deviating within your genre of choice, but the OP has (for some reason) gone the generic route. Let's Plays. The most generic of YouTube content, there are literally hundreds of thousands of larger channels doing the exact same thing.
In a crowd, the best thing you can do to grab the attention of the masses is stand out. To do something that NOBODY else is doing, which is especially difficult in a crowd where everyone is trying to be different... He's not doing that, and it's costing him in motivation.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube

98.2% of my views in the last month came from people who are not subscribed to my channel... Most came from search... Search is very important...

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
To a point. The creation of generic content relating to a genre nets a guarantee of slow growth which could be either initial or permanent. When there is a substantially sized genre of particular content that is hypersaturated, making content that is made by everyone else does not net growth, period.
Face it, YouTube is a platform where there is a ladder, whether or not you intend to climb it you'll go up a few of the rungs. So it's best to climb it with both arms and legs. Your body weight climbing said ladder can be conceptualized as the amount of others doing the exact same thing who are bigger than you, on the day you create your channel, your weight can be described as infinite if you make generic content. Which, while it sounds mean to say it, is exactly what the OP was doing. You can shed a few pounds by deviating within your genre of choice, but the OP has (for some reason) gone the generic route. Let's Plays. The most generic of YouTube content, there are literally hundreds of thousands of larger channels doing the exact same thing.
In a crowd, the best thing you can do to grab the attention of the masses is stand out. To do something that NOBODY else is doing, which is especially difficult in a crowd where everyone is trying to be different... He's not doing that, and it's costing him in motivation.

I agree fully, but it is also about enjoying it, I for instance do Let's Plays (I change things up a little by doing 100% complete lets plays), but it's what I enjoy doing, as I am not just after the fame I don't mind the slow growth, the enjoyment is why people should be doing it.

99.9% of the people that complain about the slow growth are those doing it simply for the fame or money.

Anthomnia

Jul 14, 2015
YouTube
If you don't record and post trending games you will be stuck with analytics like that. You HAVE to post trending games and find a niche when starting out.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
It is difficult to stay positive when your channel isn't doing well, i who do no commentary and Gameplay only have the same issue where i don't grab much views but you can't let that get to you. I accepted the fact that i would never become great in the youtube world but i enjoy live streaming gameplay simple as it may be.
Once you can accept that your channel needs time to grow then you can continue your work ;)