Request Can you give me a feedback on this video before I upload it to youtube ?

MRobinson

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 16, 2016
YouTube
Can you give me a feedback on this video before I upload it to youtube tell what I should I edit or what I should add in the video my video is about BlackLivesMatter And AllLivesMatter here is a demo of it not done yet ?
[DOUBLEPOST=1482402531][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello.

Last edited:

AstoraFPS

Freedom! Member
I watched through this video and here are my thoughts:

I personally do not follow the movement so to an outside viewer I am not 100% sure what kind of message you are trying to put across, it seems more of just a compilation of different pictures and clips, try including some text or commentary and speak about the message that this video is trying to send.

Also, try and have some structure to your video, for example start with some pictures, speak about them, or give some description about the movement, why you are making this video and what you actually want your audience to take away from it.

Lastly, the editing was good but the music was not to my taste, of course this can vary from person to person but I personally lost interest about half way through, so try and keep your audience engaged with changes in music, pace and like I mentioned before, commentary or screen cards talking about what you are doing/ showing in the video.

Have a good one and good luck with the video.

MRobinson

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 16, 2016
YouTube

I personally do not follow the movement so to an outside viewer I am not 100% sure what kind of message you are trying to put across, it seems more of just a compilation of different pictures and clips, try including some text or commentary and speak about the message that this video is trying to send.

Also, try and have some structure to your video, for example start with some pictures, speak about them, or give some description about the movement, why you are making this video and what you actually want your audience to take away from it.

Lastly, the editing was good but the music was not to my taste, of course this can vary from person to person but I personally lost interest about half way through, so try and keep your audience engaged with changes in music, pace and like I mentioned before, commentary or screen cards talking about what you are doing/ showing in the video.

Ok .[DOUBLEPOST=1482415498][/DOUBLEPOST]

How about now ?
@AstoraFPS[DOUBLEPOST=1482415666][/DOUBLEPOST]@AstoraFPS

Last edited:

MRobinson

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 16, 2016
YouTube
Last edited:

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
Huge improvement, well done!

I really want to say this as a constructive comment, so please do not take this in any other way than me helping in any way I can.

The written word, text rather than speech, cannot convey inflection, emotion or any other "tricks" we can use in the spoken word to make it accurate. Unfortunately, that also means that spelling and grammar become just that much more important.

I am not saying I'm perfect with this by any means (I went through elementary school in French) but I did have a few cringe moments during the video I thought you'd want to be made aware of.

The second text piece, after the RIP Mike section.

"He got shot by the police because the officer think he was going for his gun so he can shot the Police with it but he was going for his ID and the officer is in jail now"

Unfortunately, this is a run on sentence with some grammatical issues. If it were written :

"He was shot by Police because the officer thought he was going for his gun.
He was actually reaching for his ID.
The officer is now in jail."

It just would be more readable, and would go a long way (I think) in viewer retention.

MRobinson

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 16, 2016
YouTube
OK. thank you.
Huge improvement, well done!

I really want to say this as a constructive comment, so please do not take this in any other way than me helping in any way I can.

The written word, text rather than speech, cannot convey inflection, emotion or any other "tricks" we can use in the spoken word to make it accurate. Unfortunately, that also means that spelling and grammar become just that much more important.

I am not saying I'm perfect with this by any means (I went through elementary school in French) but I did have a few cringe moments during the video I thought you'd want to be made aware of.

The second text piece, after the RIP Mike section.

"He got shot by the police because the officer think he was going for his gun so he can shot the Police with it but he was going for his ID and the officer is in jail now"

Unfortunately, this is a run on sentence with some grammatical issues. If it were written :

"He was shot by Police because the officer thought he was going for his gun.
He was actually reaching for his ID.
The officer is now in jail."

It just would be more readable, and would go a long way (I think) in viewer retention.