The Cheeky Melon

Rising User
Aug 2, 2016
The Netherlands
YouTube
Hi everyone!

I got a question bugging in my head. I'd love to work with other companies, reviewing their product etc. But I'm just a beginning Youtube channel and I'm wondering if I should wait contacting them or not. Of course I can't expect anything from a big company but I'm just looking at really small companies right now. Any tips?
Or maybe somebody that has experience with this?

~ The Cheeky Melon

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
you totally had to wait. most actual big companies don't even work with youtubers. and the companies who does working with other youtubers are only working with big youtubers over 100K or 1M. so don't even bother till you reached the 100K. sorry bro.. :/

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Doesn't matter how many subs you have, if you can prove you can give them value then it is fine. I have worked with companies (not this channel) with little to no subscribers, if you can give value they will be happy to work with you.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
The amount of subs mostly isn't a thing when reviewing a product. What they are more interested in is how your going to present their product. What method your going to use and what your planning to do with it and in what form it is benificial for them. If you contact a smaller company to begin with and have a good conversation in where you explain what you want to do as detailed as possible then you may have a shot at doing some things :)

The Cheeky Melon

Rising User
Aug 2, 2016
The Netherlands
YouTube
I would wait until you gain some more subscribers because at this stage, it's very unlikely that companies would want to work with you, simply because they wouldn't really gain anything from working with you. However, if you do find someone, you should tell me because I'm interested as well :)

Yes that's what I thought as well! I'll let you know here if I can work together with a company :D

The Cheeky Melon

Rising User
Aug 2, 2016
The Netherlands
YouTube
The amount of subs mostly isn't a thing when reviewing a product. What they are more interested in is how your going to present their product. What method your going to use and what your planning to do with it and in what form it is benificial for them. If you contact a smaller company to begin with and have a good conversation in where you explain what you want to do as detailed as possible then you may have a shot at doing some things :)

Ah I see, thank you very much! You made a good point there. Some things I did not think about yet :) Thanks! :D

Reactions: TwilightPrinze