Does Freedom! allow minors to partner without parental consent?

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
Greetings all!

I have a quick question: does Freedom! allow children under the age of 18 to partner with them without having parental consent? I was chatting with another freedom partner earlier and we mutually agreed to check out each other's channels. When I visited his channel, I realized he was just a kid...maybe 5 or 6 years old. Do these young children need verified parental consent to join the network? I just find it a bit odd that kids that aren't even teenagers yet and can't legally work can be in a business partnership, especially if parental consent is not required. Someone put my mind at ease here.

Thanks

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
You know, I never have really been exactly sure how that all works. I do know plenty of people under the age of 18 who are within Freedom and pretty certain there was no parental consent involved.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
From Youtube terms of service. I don't think you're even supposed to have a google account if under 13. I haven't ever heard of accounts being banned because of being under age though, it's very hard to verify someones age over the internet.

12. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
From Youtube terms of service. I don't think you're even supposed to have a google account if under 13. I haven't ever heard of accounts being banned because of being under age though, it's very hard to verify someones age over the internet.

12. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.

Thanks, I appreciate you providing that information. I understand that its quite difficult to verify how old a person actually is over the internet...with that in mind....what steps does Freedom take to ensure their partners are over the age of at least 13?