Full Time YouTuber - Is it Good or Bad?

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Remember you can add a YouTube Sub button under your posts. Go to this link - https://freedom.community.tm/account/personal-details
and add your Channel ID for it to successfully appear.

Only, and I mean only quit your job if you have a big fanbase and you are earning an acceptable living wage from Youtube. You should always keep a backup job. If you have not started your Youtube properly, do not quit your job as it takes a very long time to get to the point which you earn an acceptable amount.

Reactions: Kingsteel

Kingsteel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 16, 2016
YouTube
Well i'm only 13 so I might not be right. Personally I would quit my job to be a full time YouTuber because my dream is to become a well-know person that uploads awesome, funny, and entertaining content. I would just follow your dreams, do whatever you think is right :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I am thinking to quit my job to be a full time youtuber. Is it ok, or i must have second option of my regular job?
To make youtube your full time job you need at least 100K subs to make a decent living. That aside you can be big today and broken down tomorrow. Youtube is a risky business and isn't something you can rely on. I prefer to keep a full-time job and do youtube on the side for fun. Every cent i make with youtube is a nice addition but i would never replace it for my own job.

Young Entrepreneurs

Rising User
Jun 13, 2016
Remember you can add a YouTube Sub button under your posts. Go to this link - https://freedom.community.tm/account/personal-details
and add your Channel ID for it to successfully appear.

Only, and I mean only quit your job if you have a big fanbase and you are earning an acceptable living wage from Youtube. You should always keep a backup job. If you have not started your Youtube properly, do not quit your job as it takes a very long time to get to the point which you earn an acceptable amount.

Well, I don't need any subscriber from this community because, My niche is based on entrepreneurs topic. So, I have seen lots of users of this community are from gaming background. Thats the main reason, I am not sharing channel link on this community.

I don't have that much fan on my channel but, it continuously growing. Even, this thought just came into my mind. So, i asked. Also, i am earning $700 to $1000 with affiliate marketing in each month. But, it varies. thats why i am going on youtube for making good steady income.

As per all comments, i am not going to quit job until i get some strong base of subscribers on my channel.

Young Entrepreneurs

Rising User
Jun 13, 2016
To make youtube your full time job you need at least 100K subs to make a decent living. That aside you can be big today and broken down tomorrow. Youtube is a risky business and isn't something you can rely on. I prefer to keep a full-time job and do youtube on the side for fun. Every cent i make with youtube is a nice addition but i would never replace it for my own job.
Hmm, as per your thought, You are right ... Thanks for suggestion. Also, I still working on my old job So, i am not quiting my job until i get good income from youtube.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Well, I don't need any subscriber from this community because, My niche is based on entrepreneurs topic. So, I have seen lots of users of this community are from gaming background. Thats the main reason, I am not sharing channel link on this community.

I don't have that much fan on my channel but, it continuously growing. Even, this thought just came into my mind. So, i asked. Also, i am earning $700 to $1000 with affiliate marketing in each month. But, it varies. thats why i am going on youtube for making good steady income.

As per all comments, i am not going to quit job until i get some strong base of subscribers on my channel.

In regard, it isn't subscribers that total the income, however having a big base means a lot of people would probably watch your videos. If your video is out there and in the public with a lot of people seeing it, you are more likely to earn more as it is based on "impressions", the views of ads via monetization.

Young Entrepreneurs

Rising User
Jun 13, 2016
Well i'm only 13 so I might not be right. Personally I would quit my job to be a full time YouTuber because my dream is to become a well-know person that uploads awesome, funny, and entertaining content. I would just follow your dreams, do whatever you think is right :)

Yeah, It is good to do that things which i believe in. Thanks for your advice :)

Young Entrepreneurs

Rising User
Jun 13, 2016
In regard, it isn't subscribers that total the income, however having a big base means a lot of people would probably watch your videos. If your video is out there and in the public with a lot of people seeing it, you are more likely to earn more as it is based on "impressions", the views of ads via monetization.
Yes, I believe in your thoughts. But, I've researched youtube videos algorithms, If you get more views and long watch time within first week of uploading youtube video, then, your video gets lots of views on youtube. Because, youtube thinks about that video is quality video. So, I judge that, subscriber helps our video to gain views and starting watch time. Thats, the reason for subscribers. Also, you are right subs doesn't matter views. But, First week views duration does matters sometime. Well, for currently i am not going to quit my regular job. And doing youtube as a part time.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

That aside, subscribers earned from this community are for 99% dead subs. Sure i have my channel linked in my signature and i gained subs from the forums wich also made me realize i ended up with a channel full of dead sub. Some are active though but that aside as i am doing youtube for fun and not for the business is the only reason i don't mind or care about my sub and view total :p

Reactions: Young Entrepreneurs

Young Entrepreneurs

Rising User
Jun 13, 2016
That aside, subscribers earned from this community are for 99% dead subs. Sure i have my channel linked in my signature and i gained subs from the forums wich also made me realize i ended up with a channel full of dead sub. Some are active though but that aside as i am doing youtube for fun and not for the business is the only reason i don't mind or care about my sub and view total :p
Yeah, You are right :) I don't like dead subscribers. Even, that are from gaming channels. Yes, If I've channel for games then, it will be ok. But, uninterested subscribers get irritated by us & themselves. So, for both side it will be beneficial not to link YouTube channel on this community. I am doing YouTube because of getting popularity, selling services, books and making some other relationship with popular entrepreneurs.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yeah, You are right :) I don't like dead subscribers. Even, that are from gaming channels. Yes, If I've channel for games then, it will be ok. But, uninterested subscribers get irritated by us & themselves. So, for both side it will be beneficial not to link YouTube channel on this community. I am doing YouTube because of getting popularity, selling services, books and making some other relationship with popular entrepreneurs.
Agreed on that, as a gaming channel the difficult part is that we mostly make a wide variety of content wich leads to people losing interest but unsubbing leave a dead fan base wich is rather annoying. But as with many things there is not much i can change about this :p
For me being around the forums is more for networking, meeting up with fellow gamers who share the same interest and of course to gain and spreak knowledge as i feel we are all in the same boat in trying to achieve something with youtube.
Seeing your answer you have set a clear goal for yourself wich is a great thing of course! All left to say is good luck and that you may achieve your goal :)

Young Entrepreneurs

Rising User
Jun 13, 2016
Agreed on that, as a gaming channel the difficult part is that we mostly make a wide variety of content wich leads to people losing interest but unsubbing leave a dead fan base wich is rather annoying. But as with many things there is not much i can change about this :p
For me being around the forums is more for networking, meeting up with fellow gamers who share the same interest and of course to gain and spreak knowledge as i feel we are all in the same boat in trying to achieve something with youtube.
Seeing your answer you have set a clear goal for yourself wich is a great thing of course! All left to say is good luck and that you may achieve your goal :)
Yeah, Great... Thanks for complements. Also, I am going with my plan and everything is going with plan. So, i have to stay positive and keep improving :) ... Thanks again for talk & suggestion,.

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

Tom Klin

Respected User
Jun 25, 2014
YouTube
you need atleast 3m+ views a month to make decent living out of YT
and to break through as a gaming channel is almost impossible

Young Entrepreneurs

Rising User
Jun 13, 2016
you need atleast 3m+ views a month to make decent living out of YT
and to break through as a gaming channel is almost impossible
My plan is to make $1500 to $2000 at least per month. How much views i need to make it possible ? i've seen one youtuber who has daily 22,000 views. And he makes $5000+ with it per month.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
You need 2 million views a month to get around $2000... just from youtube views...
But if you do some kinda affiliate marketing stuff you can do with a hell of alot less...

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Being one who looks at youtube more of a hobby instead of a job, there isn't really much I can say that'll make a dent in the conversation. However, to do what you want, you have to dedicate yourself to Youtube, you will have zero time for family,friends or even school(if you somehow manage to do it, props to you!), and you'll have no time for jobs. In my own personal opinion, I'd look at youtube as something on the side of your main job, instead of a full-time job.
From knowing a good friend of mine "trying" to do the impossible(making youtube a full time job), I can tell you, unless you can compete with some of the well known channels, or make yourself different and unique, it is quite difficult to make youtube a full time job.

But again, this is coming from someone who looks at youtube as a hobby, and doesn't try to look at it as a job. I'd rather have fun versus stressing myself out daily trying to compete.