"Have a good day" new YouTube spam?

ItsKapow

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Australia
YouTube
Is anyone noticing this all over YouTube comments and such? I'm starting to get messages from channels with over 1K subs saying "hope you have a good day" or such but I see the same message on other peoples videos.

I figured this is a less spammy way to get someone to check out their channel? Does anyone get messages/comments like this or find it annoying?

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Is anyone noticing this all over YouTube comments and such? I'm starting to get messages from channels with over 1K subs saying "hope you have a good day" or such but I see the same message on other peoples videos.

I figured this is a less spammy way to get someone to check out their channel? Does anyone get messages/comments like this or find it annoying?

I can confirm that this does happen. In fact, around holidays some channels (1,000+ subs) will go around other channels wishing them a happy (insert holiday). They may wish you luck or something along those lines. While it's nice, you most certainly know it's simply a tactic to try and get people to check out their channel.

There are other types of spam comments as well. Sub for sub with out actually asking for it. Usually hidden in the form of a compliment of some kind. Many times they will just ask you to check out their channel, or sometimes they won't say that until after you reply.

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
At least this is a sort of spam comment that actually seems nice and not outwardly deceptive. 95% of the comments on the channel my husband and I run is nothing but spam, usually the "Hey nice vid!" type followed by "check out my channel and sub" or "I run a shoutout series and I can get you lots of subs if you sub to me!". The advertising bit is bad enough, but the false flattery is particularly bad in my opinion. Our channel doesn't get lots of activity and I check in on it periodically so I usually know if the numbers change. Most of the time I get "Great vid" or "this was awesome" sort of comments, the view count didn't move. I've even had some people claim to have liked and subbed but they obviously hadn't. So in the grand scheme of spam, I'd prefer someone wishing me a nice day or wishing me luck rather than people being manipulative and selfish.

Reactions: Charles Meekins

Bannik13

Rising User
Dec 3, 2015
YouTube
I'm pretty new and don't have many subscribers, but I've had guys with 1000+ subs commenting on my videos and leaving likes and then telling me to check out their channels... Certainly is annoying. They don't like the content, they're just fishing for subs.

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
Whenever I see people with big sub numbers fishing for subs like that I immediately think "This person doesn't care about me personally or the community they're gathering, they literally just want anyone that'll join and they'll immediately forget about me because I'm not much more than a number to them". It feels like getting used. And when you have a channel of your own and someone starts giving you praise, saying your stuff is great just to get views on their own channel, it honestly hurts. At least to me. I'm doing the best with what I got and instead of even looking at the video they just click, pause, spam, and run.

There was someone who did that a few days ago, throwing all this praise at me about how amazing my work is, then asks me to just go and sub to him. Not watch his videos, just sub. I didn't reply to the sub part, but I did my usual "thanks hope you enjoy the rest of our work, and I hope you consider subbing and liking the videos if you enjoy them". He just comes back and says "Please go and sub to my channel". When I told him no, and why, and asked why he wouldn't sub to me if he loved it so much he gave me some spiel about "looking for consistency" and "I just wanted to give some encouraging words, it doesn't matter if I didn't watch it". After I told him what I thought of how he was treating people by just flattering people to beg them for subs he left dislikes with two separate accounts on that video and a dislike on the one before that. Petty nonsense.

Reactions: ItsKapow

Gamerman98

Freedom! Member
Jul 26, 2015
canada
YouTube
I get comments like that but I hardly pay too much attention or Ill reply with something like "Thanks for watching the video!!! Please make sure to hit the sub button" haha!! I kind of like to play along a little without actually having to go to their channel. I would rather sub to someone who really took the time to check out my content.

Bannik13

Rising User
Dec 3, 2015
YouTube
I get comments like that but I hardly pay too much attention or Ill reply with something like "Thanks for watching the video!!! Please make sure to hit the sub button" haha!! I kind of like to play along a little without actually having to go to their channel. I would rather sub to someone who really took the time to check out my content.
That's what I'll do next time! Tell them to subscribe if they like my video lol.

Todger182

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 13, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Glad to know that other people have noticed the random spam from large channels. "Nice work, I have high hopes that one day you will make it big. By the way check out my channel...."

Or "really great work, I hope to see more of your videos as I have subbed" look at the subscribers list and nope, no new subs...

I won't be approving either of those .

Reactions: Bush_Baby_Plays