Solved How can I make money monetising Live RADIO on youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAKE Music

New User
Jan 21, 2017
Hello, I joined freedom hoping it could help me make some money while I live stream, as my first live stream got copywrited with every song played. it only got copywrited after I finished livestreaming and the video was saved and viewed separately. so I was wondering if I can monetise the live stream and make money that way? or is this is dead end for me?

SHAKE Music

New User
Jan 21, 2017
yes but I already have a live radio station on radio.co that is allowed to play all music that's why I wanted to know if I can live stream on youtube and monetise if I cant monetise then its fine but I just need to know as it seems that I can only live stream my music without saving the videos[DOUBLEPOST=1485045033][/DOUBLEPOST]?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SHAKE Music

New User
Jan 21, 2017
ohhhh ok fair enough so if I wanted to monetise music it would have to be entirely my own make with no commercial songs or anyone elses songs in their.

can you play music on youtube without getting copyright though? as in playing it but giving all the rights to the artist? as I just want a station for music il happily give the artist the credit :)

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Basically unless you own the rights to the music there isn't a "one size fits all" answer to whether or not you can monetise live / commercial songs on YouTube - so do allow it with you giving credit to the creator whereas some will flat out refuse - bearing in mind that you are essentially earning money off their hard work.

Your best bet is to think about the songs you would like to use and then look up the creator / studio to see if they give permission to use their song, if you can't find anything relating to this, then feel free to email them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.