Solved How do I change channel URL after name change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xScarlife Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 17, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
xscarlife
Hello friends,
Couple of months ago I did a name change for my YouTube channel. So I went to my channel's advanced settings to change my URL as well.

So in the reference URL I have changed it to http://www.youtube.com/c/xscarlifegaming instead of my old one. But when I save those settings and reload my page / visit that link it tells me the channel does not exist. How come? Can anyone tell me why I get that problem?

Thanks!

xScarlife Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 17, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
xscarlife
To change your Channel URL, visit this link https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2657968?ref_topic=3024172&hl=en-GB
and follow the instructions to change it.

Custom URLs are not set by changing the reference URL.
I have already visited that page and did everything but I don't see 'Get Custom URL' box there. For some reason YouTube gave me another /c/ URL already with my old YouTube name in it, and I don't want that.

I guess there is no way in changing that?

Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
I have already visited that page and did everything but I don't see 'Get Custom URL' box there. For some reason YouTube gave me another /c/ URL already with my old YouTube name in it, and I don't want that.

I guess there is no way in changing that?

Did you already change your Custom URL before? If so, you can only change it once
  • "Important: You can't change your custom URL once you've created it."

Upvote 0

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi,
This is why you should put a lot of thought into it when you pick yours.
Try contacting YouTube support, via your creator studio help and feedback button, if you see an option for email you can email YouTube directly. If your lucky they may change it for you.
I was lucky enough to have a staff member strike me a deal to have mine changed if I ever change my channel name. :) there really fast at replying and really nice.

Reactions: xScarlife Gaming
Upvote 0

xScarlife Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 17, 2015
Belgium
YouTube
xscarlife
Hi,
This is why you should put a lot of thought into it when you pick yours.
Try contacting YouTube support, via your creator studio help and feedback button, if you see an option for email you can email YouTube directly. If your lucky they may change it for you.
I was lucky enough to have a staff member strike me a deal to have mine changed if I ever change my channel name. :) there really fast at replying and really nice.
Thanks for the help mate, I have send my problem to YouTube. Hope they understand my problem and hopefully they change it :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.