YouTube How Do I Grow My Channel?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
There isn't a "one size fits all" approach to growing on YouTube as this really depends on your channel and the type of content that you upload however there are some helpful tips / things you can do to help it along such as : -
- Taking time to fill out the about section of your channel and creating a memorable YouTube channel name with a nice banner / icon
- Making sure your taking time to produce high quality content
- Create eye catching thumbnails
- Take time to research / input your meta data (tags , descriptions etc)
- Be sure to communicate with your viewers, respond to comments let them know you appreciate them
- Be active on forums, this doesn't mean just use them to spam your videos but take an interest in other users - talk with them and make friends who know this may lead to collaboration attempts
- Above all else, don't worry about the views / subscriber count to begin with as this can take a while instead focus on having fun and enjoying what your doing

Ahithia14

Rising User
Dec 12, 2016
YouTube
There isn't a "one size fits all" approach to growing on YouTube as this really depends on your channel and the type of content that you upload however there are some helpful tips / things you can do to help it along such as : -
- Taking time to fill out the about section of your channel and creating a memorable YouTube channel name with a nice banner / icon
- Be sure to communicate with your viewers, respond to comments let them know you appreciate them
- Be active on forums, this doesn't mean just use them to spam your videos but take an interest in other users - talk with them and make friends who know this may lead to collaboration attempts
- Above all else, don't worry about the views / subscriber count to begin with as this can take a while instead focus on having fun and enjoying what your doing
Pretty much what he said, make friends within the community, collaborate with other youtubers and keep uploading good content, and you will gain subs in no time

Reactions: YoungHugs

Technology King

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 14, 2016
YouTube
Do Youtube because you love doing what you do, be enthusiastic and do not worry about subscribers and views that much. For a begginer, that are just plain numbers that actually should not mean that much to you now. Forget about it for some time, make friends, be active on forums, enjoy Youtube and you will suceed :) Upload regularly, make good thumbnails, good videos. Patience and dedication are key to sucess.

Veronica Aptel

New User
May 31, 2016
YouTube
Search for the best hashtags that fit your style, and also upload regularly. Try to edit all your videos. make good thumbnails. I use picmonkey to edit some of mine.

Star The Artoonist

Rising User
Dec 13, 2016
YouTube
StarAdvice_
There is a whole Youtube algorithm to grow your channel such as following the trends, making sure you have appropriate tags, having a description that correlates with the title or tags etc, If you wanna rank your videos higher in the youtube search. There are more videos on youtube that teach you how to do this if you only care about numbless views...BUT WHAT I SUGGEST TO YOU IS...

Consistency- Figure out a schedule of when you're going to post and just keep putting new content out there. The more videos you post the more likely someone will see one and just binge watch you so make sure you have a bunch prepared.

Support- Have someone who you love dearly to support what you doing.. It'll keep you motivated to keep posting,

Quality (Good/Bad)- Whether you're content is good post it...Or...Whether you thought you could of did a little bit better still post it. If you look at the most popular youtuber's, their older content was not that great but you can tell that they love what they were doing and in each video you seen improvements so don't be so quick to take a video that you think or what other viewers think is bad down, You don't need A-1 Scholar content you're just starting out so dont be so hard on yourself with that yet. Find out what you liked about the video and figure out improvements on what to do better next time.

Love/Authenticity - Just make content of what you love and be yourself (Unless you do skits) what I mean by being yourself is, show us the real you behind the camera as well as in front of the camera, that is how you will make followers that share similar views as you and followers who will wanna challenge your mindset. The dislike ratio portion is there for a reason.

Promotion- When you're feeling good and confident that your videos are awesome create a social network and start promoting, I THINK you can pay on twitter for them to promote your tweet. Also practice on making good thumbnails and titles that can add a big boost to your promotion.

I hoped this helped you.

Like this post if I helped in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited:

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Wow Pretty Accurate! Exactly as Zeke said! XD

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
A good thing to add on your intention of growth:

If you think you're unique, you're not. Always be trying something different until something works for both you and your channel's success.