Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
This is an odd one for a couple of reasons ill explain why.

Can I issue a copyright strike if a person downloads my video then uploads it exact video footage different intro and music and the person has it monetized (I am thinking yes)

Can I have the user remove this video or have it taken down?

The part i would like to know is: I uploaded this video 6 weeks ago may have been 7 weeks ago it was in 720p and I deleted it a week ago and remade the video 1080p 60fps better quality. Tonight I was searching for Clash Of Clans bases and I found the exact video I had uploaded the base build and the war replay showing my Clash Of Clans username this person did not ask for permission to use this video or add a credit in his description he has all so gotten 4591 views on this videoand it looks like he has downloaded other peoples as well.

at the 3.25 sec mark the war replay username.

Do i have a leg to stand on here or is it my fault for deleting the original video a week ago and is there a way to recover deleted video`s from YouTube.

Edit:
I took a look at all his video`s and found a 2nd video of mine on his channel again exact video footage build + replays only difference he made music has it monetized checked with heartbeat I have not deleted this video as it has been my most popular video`s can i issue a strike here or what can i do.

Last edited:

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Hello, it seems like you are having troubles with Copyright

If someone has downloaded your content and reuploaded it without your permission, you have all right to take that video down/ take legal action.

Remember you can submit a Copyright Takedown request here
https://www.youtube.com/copyright_complaint_form

Do not misuse this system, as this is legal action and your channel can be suspended or given other legal consequences.

Upvote 0

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
Thank you.
I contacted the user regarding the 1st video and he has taken that video down thankfully it was on the first page of the search results.
The 2nd video the user did not want to take it down and i issued copyright infringement wen`t threw the processes linking my video and his video and YouTube has since removed the video.
:) :) :)

Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Thank you.
I contacted the user regarding the 1st video and he has taken that video down thankfully it was on the first page of the search results.
The 2nd video the user did not want to take it down and i issued copyright infringement wen`t threw the processes linking my video and his video and YouTube has since removed the video.
:) :) :)

I am glad to hear, remember if this problem persists, you can either continue using this system, or I was going to think of Content ID, but I don't know if you, or even us have access to that..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.