How long do you take to make thumbnails?

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I can get a thumbnail done in like 5 minutes at most. I have quite a bit of photoshop experience, and I make super simple thumbnails.

_Jumpz_

Rising User
May 11, 2016
YouTube
jumpingjim01
Takes me about 30 seconds XD 20 of that is loading photoshop. I have a template so I just edit the text and BOOM
I would post examples but the forum said I was spamming so yeah.

EdwinEarth

Rising User
May 4, 2016
I am going to be getting photoshop soon but I was wondering how long do all of you take to make a thumbnail for a video. Also how do you make the thumbnail? Do you use photoshop or do you make a thumbnail some other way?
~20min. It's easy once you have the idea in mind =]

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
I use photoshop and the amount of time making the thumbnail depends on a couple of things...
-What is the video?
-What mood am I in?
-Am I in a hurry to finish this or is this a thumbnail for a future video?
I usually keep a template for all my different types of thumbnails like my vlog ones have a simple coloured boarder, my pet videos have a pawprint boarder, my gaming videos, I keep a template of each video game I'm playing so that I have the right font and style etc
I would say I am pretty experienced in making thumbnails now so it really doesn't take me long to whisp one together but saying that, I am always experimenting with new things which you will probably find yourself doing when you first try photoshop :)

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
Here is a site with a few different templates on;

Banners

http://www.designsave.net/2016/01/new-youtube-layout-banner-templates-psd.html

Gaming Thumbnails

http://esbuzz.net/trends/video/photoshop-gfx-free-gaming-thumbnails-thumbnail-templates

I would be careful using images straight off of google with text over. If it is say Dooms logo or artwork and you video is about Doom then I wouldn't worry about it. They only thing you will have to look out for is fan art, if you are using fan art ether contact the owner and ask permission.

If you can't find out how to contact them, put a link to where you find it in the descriptions.
wow nice links man!

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
It depends for me as well. Sometimes I can get them done in a few minutes...maybe 10-15 or less. Other times it may take a while before I get it just right, because something looks off. If that is the case, it can take much longer.o_O