Community How many videos did it take to get rid of the jitters.

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
I have no real issues on my podcast because there are 1-3 other people on it with me. I don't really have a problem with game videos because it's not just me.

Today I released my first vlog. I need practise with editing of course but the biggest thing I see is nervous energy.

How long did it take you guys to shake that?

Star The Artoonist

Rising User
Dec 13, 2016
YouTube
StarAdvice_
I'm pretty much in the same boat that you're in when it comes to that type of energy. I had to keep re-doing doing my commentary on my game review because I sounded really nervous but I guess as time goes by well become more comfortable to it and loosen up.

Reactions: Chris Carruthers

DaveClouser

Rising User
Apr 15, 2016
York. Pennsylvania. US
YouTube
I am probably not the best person to give advice but it will start getting easier for you after a couple of videos. when i watched your video the first half of your video it felt like you were reading off of a script and made very little eye contact with the camera. then when you started talking about the Samsung you looked like you knew what you were talking about. Not that I am saying you didn't know about the first subject. It just seemed like you were more confident talking about the Samsung. Find things you enjoy talking about and you wont think twice about what to say on camera. Anyways i gave your video a like. So keep it up because the best way to grow on youtube is to keep posting videos.

Reactions: Chris Carruthers

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
It was definitely nerve racking when I made my first video. You just have to get use to recording yourself. I do Let's Play so it felt like I was talking to myself and it was weird on top of me being nervous. Eventually the nervousness will go away and you get better at feeling like you are talking to an audience instead of yourself.

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
Thanks guys. Honestly, that recording session took quite a while and I think I was just loosening up by the end.

When I'm just talking about stuff on a stream I'm used to it being a conversation, not a monologue. I 100% agree with you and I think once I loosen up it should take off :)

tlevelgrinders

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2016
YouTube
It definitely gets easier, and of course if you truly love the game you play then talking over it happens quite easily. i rewatched my first videos and they are quite cringe worthy compared to now :p

D

Deleted member 137653

About a year's worth. Lol! Hope you can abolish your's soon! :)