Not sure how many of you will remember Michael & K.I.T.T. turbo boosting their way through the 1980's in the TV series "Knight Rider"? But way back when that show was on TV I never watched TV as I worked nights as a theatrre Usher way back in the day and had little for a social life much less TV face time lol.
But back when the show was on overtime I was out in public and someone would hear my name they would say to me:
"Ha ha, Michael knight where's KITT?"
Naturally not watching TV I did not get the joke. A friend of mine that did watch TV one day when we were out for coffee I said to him:
"Hey you watch TV, this has got to be a show or something but overtime someone hear's my name they keep mentioning "Where KITT is?""
So he say to me:
"Yeah that's from that show Knight Rider.... hey you like Trans Am's, you would probably like it."

"So tape it for me."
I said back in the days of good old VHS & VCRs, Oh weren't those the days eh?

So a week or so later I finally get to see the show and fell in love with it right away, especially with K.I.T.T. being that it was just the coolest indestructible talking computer on wheels!

lol the years went by and even to this day I still get the occasional person saying to me:
"Hey where's KITT?" overtime they hear my name.

Way back then I swore one day I would own that car and the next time someone was to ask: "Hey Where's KITT?"
I would say:
"He's outside want to say hi to him."

I am super stoked to say that day has arrived. But what is super cool is that in all those years the technology has developed to a stage where much of what WAS fiction back when Knight Rider was on TV is actually now possible.
In building my K.I.T.T. replica I have started working on a Dash Software that brings much of what K.I.T.T. could do to life. We are working on voice and speech recognition where you can get K.I.T.T. to control many devices inside of the car and respond with some of his white comebacks just like in the TV show.

We have much information on this. Unfortunately because I am new here I cannot post links just yet but our stuff is not hard to find just search for:
"Knight O.S."
"Knight Rider Dash Software"

You'll find us ;)