Making a vlog alone

Vlogging Mark Ng

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2016
Dallas
YouTube
I have just make my first vlog and start my youtube channel for few days. I came across that making vlog alone is really difficult for me. Especially in the talking section, seem so hard to find something too say in front of the camera. How can i find something interesting to talk about? What kind of topic or content that people usually get interested in?

Any advice?

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Usually I list down the points I want to say and refer to that list from time to time while filming :3

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
JUST VLOG THE HECK OUT OF YOUR LIFE. Go about your day to day life and film it, there's nothing extra to it unless you wanna plan something fun. Your life is probably interesting on its own. Just grab a camera and film what you do.

Do something fun that makes you talk and comment about your day. I'm not a very frequent vlogger, but when I do I'm usually hiking or going on a trip or something. Do something fun and simple that allows you to express your thoughts more freely. If you're just going to sit and talk about a single subject, write down a script or a list of your main points.

I still struggle at vlogging, but I do think that the key is just doing it.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It's a little extra weird when I'm moving around in the city and talking into the camera without anyone else around for comic relief. But if it's just sitting in a room and making a point I can edit out the boring. Although I still need to figure out how I can use a split screen to make it look like there's two me's exchanging words.

To continue - I'll say that it's really just something that you'll get used to, and it makes those times that there's someone else in the video just that more special.