Maybe my new PC

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Recommendations:

• Bump up the CPU cooler to at least a Corsair H60i, to allow for better overclocking.
  • Drop the motherboard to a lower end model with the more basic bells, keep the Z97 chipset though.
  • Stick with a single SSD and single HDD. Preferably a 240gb and 3TB combination. If you absolutely need the extra space in case of failure, get an external HDD to store files in the event of a failure.
  • Up the power supply so you don't have any issues with overclocking.
  • Use a USB 3.0 wireless adapter instead of an in-case one. It's not necessarily better for performance, but it is better for price.
  • Drop the fans, most cases have some built in.
Keep your eyes out for deals. The more you save, the better. But I can't see too many good deals being directed at China.

Jasper de Zwaan

Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
Beijing
YouTube
jasperdezwaan
Recommendations:

• Bump up the CPU cooler to at least a Corsair H60i, to allow for better overclocking.
  • Drop the motherboard to a lower end model with the more basic bells, keep the Z97 chipset though.
  • Stick with a single SSD and single HDD. Preferably a 240gb and 3TB combination. If you absolutely need the extra space in case of failure, get an external HDD to store files in the event of a failure.
  • Up the power supply so you don't have any issues with overclocking.
  • Use a USB 3.0 wireless adapter instead of an in-case one. It's not necessarily better for performance, but it is better for price.
  • Drop the fans, most cases have some built in.
Keep your eyes out for deals. The more you save, the better. But I can't see too many good deals being directed at China.
I wont overclock, one SSD will be for startup and programs and the other SSD will be for games, one of the HDD will be for all my video files (i am an editor) and in china the proces are fixed so there wont be any good deals just the normal prices. and not every part that i have in that list is avaliable here, such as the coolers and case, but i have bumped down my motherboard to a z97-a and changed my Graphics card still to a gtx 970 but now from MSI because its cheaper, thank you for the help tho

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I wont overclock, one SSD will be for startup and programs and the other SSD will be for games, one of the HDD will be for all my video files (i am an editor) and in china the proces are fixed so there wont be any good deals just the normal prices. and not every part that i have in that list is avaliable here, such as the coolers and case, but i have bumped down my motherboard to a z97-a and changed my Graphics card still to a gtx 970 but now from MSI because its cheaper, thank you for the help tho
Your PC doesn't have the power that the HDD will actually bottleneck the system. You'd easily be able to get by with all the performance you need with a single WD Black. Although the idealism is good.

I have 2 HDD's and an SSD in my system, and partitioning and remembering to set the right download and file locations can be a pain, and in my honesty I think you wouldd be better off with just two drives.
The Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD is usually a pretty good price around Christmas.

I might also be wrong, but I think some ebay sellers for the parts I had mentioned might ship to China, if you're willing to go with eBay.

Jasper de Zwaan

Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
Beijing
YouTube
jasperdezwaan
Your PC doesn't have the power that the HDD will actually bottleneck the system. You'd easily be able to get by with all the performance you need with a single WD Black. Although the idealism is good.

I have 2 HDD's and an SSD in my system, and partitioning and remembering to set the right download and file locations can be a pain, and in my honesty I think you wouldd be better off with just two drives.
The Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD is usually a pretty good price around Christmas.

I might also be wrong, but I think some ebay sellers for the parts I had mentioned might ship to China, if you're willing to go with eBay.
I am a 16 year old teenager surviving though high school :) I'm happy that my parents even let me build a PC but all the money has to come from me and its hard finding a job so all of the money needs to come from pocket money or small editing jobs. i just like to have a lot of storage even for the future, i cary a 2TB seagate harddrive with me around every day and i only have 1TB left, i try to put everything on there and i don't like deleting stuff thats why i want so much storage. I had some problems with WD (almost lost 1TB of video footage) so thats why i like Seagate more now.

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Hey Guys, im trying to find the best components for my PC, i live in china so this is like a rough estimate on how much i can spend (i have to earn the money myself)
Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QBRtzy
Just a quick question, do you want Quality Hardware with Great Performance, or Cheap Hardware with semi decent performance?

I can build you a better overall computer with your current parts, save you some money, and give your hardware a longer reliability with different manufacturers. Just let me know, and I'll do it. Also I need to know your max and min budget. Thanks!

Best Of Luck

~Zac's Custom[DOUBLEPOST=1449415590][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is a update -

I've made a list of PC Hardware for you to check out,

CPU - AMD FX 8320
(People will still hate on this processor mainly because AMD hasn't put out a better Processor other than the 9590, but it will do all the 4690K has, and then some. Sure it doesn't have the same Frame rate, but it will multi task a lot better than a 4690K will and overclock a lot more.)

Cooler - Corsair H55 AIO Water Cooler
(Cheapest Quietest AIO Water cooler that I could find on the market, It will cool the FX 8320 like a champ, if others think it will overheat it, then you obviously don't know much about how the CPU and Heatsink, along with the Radiator even work..)

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
(Great motherboard, Premium Components went into the making of this board and is backed by a 5 Year Standard Warranty.)

Memory - G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2x8GB) 1866Mhz
(The reason for which I choose this memory was due to it's vast compatibility with almost every motherboard out there. along with it's reliability as well)

Storage -

SSD - SamSung 850 Evo - 250GB
(Great Performance 550MB/s Read and Write, along with it being backed by a 5 Year standard warranty, when compared to the Kingston SSD this is a major upgrade due to performance and reliability!)

HDD - Hitachi(HGST) Ultrastar 1TB 3.5"" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drives
(Great Reliability, they offer these hard drives as Enterprise Grade Drives to Every Consumer, it can be used for anything, I've included 3 of them, one for Videos, the other for Games, and the last for Backup's. HGST offers a 5 Year standard warranty with these drives. Also if you didn't know, HGST is a Sub Company of Western Digital, and supprisingly almost all of HGST's Drives are hard to get DOA's or have them fail within the first 3 years.)

GPU - Asus GTX 970 4GB
(Same as you have)

Case - NZXT S340 Black ATX Mid Tower Case
(Same as you have)

Power Supply - EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Semi Modular ATX PSU
(I upgraded your Bronze to a Gold with a different brand for more power savings, and more reliability in the long term, sometimes bronze, or silver grade PSU's don't last longer than 3-4 years, if you want long term reliability and don't care about the cost, go for Titanium, then you'll have one that'll last for a while..)

OS - Windows 8.1 OEM 64-bit
(Same as you have)

Wireless Network Adapter - Asus PCE-AC56 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
(Premium Quality along with Great long term performance, I'd highly recommend anything from Asus that is either Motherboard's, Video Cards or Wifi Adapters or Routers. Always great components and Reviews!)

Total Price - $1229.49 After Mail-In Rebates

Without MIR - $1259.49

Link

Last edited:

Jasper de Zwaan

Freedom! Member
Oct 9, 2015
Beijing
YouTube
jasperdezwaan
Just a quick question, do you want Quality Hardware with Great Performance, or Cheap Hardware with semi decent performance?

I can build you a better overall computer with your current parts, save you some money, and give your hardware a longer reliability with different manufacturers. Just let me know, and I'll do it. Also I need to know your max and min budget. Thanks!

Best Of Luck

~Zac's Custom[DOUBLEPOST=1449415590][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is a update -

I've made a list of PC Hardware for you to check out,

CPU - AMD FX 8320
(People will still hate on this processor mainly because AMD hasn't put out a better Processor other than the 9590, but it will do all the 4690K has, and then some. Sure it doesn't have the same Frame rate, but it will multi task a lot better than a 4690K will and overclock a lot more.)

Cooler - Corsair H55 AIO Water Cooler
(Cheapest Quietest AIO Water cooler that I could find on the market, It will cool the FX 8320 like a champ, if others think it will overheat it, then you obviously don't know much about how the CPU and Heatsink, along with the Radiator even work..)

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
(Great motherboard, Premium Components went into the making of this board and is backed by a 5 Year Standard Warranty.)

Memory - G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2x8GB) 1866Mhz
(The reason for which I choose this memory was due to it's vast compatibility with almost every motherboard out there. along with it's reliability as well)

Storage -

SSD - SamSung 850 Evo - 250GB
(Great Performance 550MB/s Read and Write, along with it being backed by a 5 Year standard warranty, when compared to the Kingston SSD this is a major upgrade due to performance and reliability!)

HDD - Hitachi(HGST) Ultrastar 1TB 3.5"" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drives
(Great Reliability, they offer these hard drives as Enterprise Grade Drives to Every Consumer, it can be used for anything, I've included 3 of them, one for Videos, the other for Games, and the last for Backup's. HGST offers a 5 Year standard warranty with these drives. Also if you didn't know, HGST is a Sub Company of Western Digital, and supprisingly almost all of HGST's Drives are hard to get DOA's or have them fail within the first 3 years.)

GPU - Asus GTX 970 4GB
(Same as you have)

Case - NZXT S340 Black ATX Mid Tower Case
(Same as you have)

Power Supply - EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Semi Modular ATX PSU
(I upgraded your Bronze to a Gold with a different brand for more power savings, and more reliability in the long term, sometimes bronze, or silver grade PSU's don't last longer than 3-4 years, if you want long term reliability and don't care about the cost, go for Titanium, then you'll have one that'll last for a while..)

OS - Windows 8.1 OEM 64-bit
(Same as you have)

Wireless Network Adapter - Asus PCE-AC56 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
(Premium Quality along with Great long term performance, I'd highly recommend anything from Asus that is either Motherboard's, Video Cards or Wifi Adapters or Routers. Always great components and Reviews!)

Total Price - $1229.49 After Mail-In Rebates

Without MIR - $1259.49

Link

The problem is that most of these parts are not in china, my maximum i want to spend is around 8000 yuan ($1200) they only sell intel CPU's and the warranty doesn't matter because they don't have it here, its like a market you go to where the seller bought the parts and then sells them again. but thank you so much for your advice, ill look into it and see if i can get the cheaper and better components

Reactions: ZacsCustom