Status
Not open for further replies.

ReallyTrash

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2014
YouTube
Hello,

I have recently been unlinked from the Freedom! network after waiting for a month. Now I'm experiencing problems of all kind.

First of all, after the channel was successfully unlinked, the monetization on my channel has been turned off completely. I thought it's not a big deal since it could be because of the need to link an AdSense account and re-enable it manually, if it works like this..
So I went to the channel settings - status and features and saw that it says I am eligible for monetizing my videos (obviously).
Clicking on "enable" results in this error:
https://puu.sh/yOIIR/2e68b05f36.png

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with Freedom! as it seems like an issue on YouTube's side, but what I found interesting is that after searching for the solutions I came across multiple reports of people having this same exact issue after leaving THIS network. I have contacted YouTube support and they said it seems like a technical issue affecting my channel's monetization and that their engineers will be looking into it. Still I'd like to know if Freedom! is aware of this and if there's perhaps some things they could do on their side.

To sum up, because of this I am making 0 money from my videos right now until the issue is fixed, which I assume is not gonna be that soon..

Second of all, I am receiving multiple copyright claims on my videos which have nothing to do with the Freedom! network. The videos were created by me and the visual and audio content has nothing to do with this network. I have already submitted dispute to all of them (and have to wait another month for it to be reviewed yay) and contacted your support to fix the issue, but I would still like to know if others are experiencing the same problems.
What I find interesting, or I might say, fishy, is the fact that all of the copyright claims were generated on my MOST valuable videos ONLY - meaning they generate the most money from ad revenue and due to the fact that my monetization is disabled completely, all of the ad revenue from these videos is going straight to Freedom! if I understand correctly.

Here is a screenshot from one of the affected videos:
https://puu.sh/yP9OW/b35c847e6d.png

Notice that at the bottom it says "Audio visual content MANUALLY detected". Correct me if I'm wrong but that means the claim was not automatically generated and someone has put it there manually.
Could someone clarify why this is happening ? Because this is all after I have already left the network and there is no reason for it to claim rights to my videos and their content.

To sum up again, I have lost all the income coming out of my content, which would still be fine if this is indeed a technical problem on YouTube side only, but having the content claimed by the Freedom! network and making money out of it is unacceptable. I know I shouldn't make conclusions but I think you can agree that the combination of these two big issues seems a little fishy.

I hope it all can be resolved as soon as possible and if there is some clarification on this, I'd like to know.

Thanks.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues after leaving the freedom network. It does seem a bit strange that your monetisation 'enable' button is returning a 500 internal error message, as you have already messaged YouTube and they are aware of this I think its best that they deal with that side of things - as they would be able to comment on this better than you, I or anyone else.

I can't say that I've ever heard of previous videos being claimed by Freedom after someone has left, indeed it does seem a bit strange that this would be happening only to your most watched content, from the claim details it would seem that any ads shown on that video and any others being claimed would be going to the claimant in this case Freedom!. As you rightly said any manual detection could mean that a human has flagged this - again as you have reached out to the support team they would be able to shed more light on this situation. I shall tag in @Chicco Torres who might be able to chase this up for you / reach out to offer assistance.

Sorry I couldn't be more help regarding this matter, but I do hope this is resolved promptly for you

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
First of all, after the channel was successfully unlinked, the monetization on my channel has been turned off completely. I thought it's not a big deal since it could be because of the need to link an AdSense account and re-enable it manually, if it works like this..
So I went to the channel settings - status and features and saw that it says I am eligible for monetizing my videos (obviously).
Clicking on "enable" results in this error:
https://puu.sh/yOIIR/2e68b05f36.png

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with Freedom! as it seems like an issue on YouTube's side, but what I found interesting is that after searching for the solutions I came across multiple reports of people having this same exact issue after leaving THIS network. I have contacted YouTube support and they said it seems like a technical issue affecting my channel's monetization and that their engineers will be looking into it. Still I'd like to know if Freedom! is aware of this and if there's perhaps some things they could do on their side.
This is an error with YouTube, it happens with any network, you just hear it from Freedom! a lot because there's a ton of people in Freedom!. In fact, one YouTuber I watch had this issue after leaving Maker, so it's a general unlinking issue.
Second of all, I am receiving multiple copyright claims on my videos which have nothing to do with the Freedom! network. The videos were created by me and the visual and audio content has nothing to do with this network. I have already submitted dispute to all of them (and have to wait another month for it to be reviewed yay) and contacted your support to fix the issue, but I would still like to know if others are experiencing the same problems.
What I find interesting, or I might say, fishy, is the fact that all of the copyright claims were generated on my MOST valuable videos ONLY - meaning they generate the most money from ad revenue and due to the fact that my monetization is disabled completely, all of the ad revenue from these videos is going straight to Freedom! if I understand correctly.

Here is a screenshot from one of the affected videos:
https://puu.sh/yP9OW/b35c847e6d.png
Pretty certain that's an error, support will take care of it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.