Overwatch, is it worth buying it or just play TF2?

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Hey Freedom! Family.
If you don't know me well, I play a lot of games, especially on PS4 and PC, as well as watching lots of eSport tournaments. Recently I have been watching the Overwatch Winter Premiere tournament and I think I might enjoy the game quite a bit, and I know a few of my friends are getting it as well.
What I want to know, does Overwatch live up to its hype? Is it worth the price you have to pay or should I just go on Team Fortress 2 and play that?

Also, if you think Overwatch is worth it and you want to find someone to play with on PS4, feel free to privately message me and I will talk about it with you.

Thanks!

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
Hey Freedom! Family.
If you don't know me well, I play a lot of games, especially on PS4 and PC, as well as watching lots of eSport tournaments. Recently I have been watching the Overwatch Winter Premiere tournament and I think I might enjoy the game quite a bit, and I know a few of my friends are getting it as well.
What I want to know, does Overwatch live up to its hype? Is it worth the price you have to pay or should I just go on Team Fortress 2 and play that?

Also, if you think Overwatch is worth it and you want to find someone to play with on PS4, feel free to privately message me and I will talk about it with you.

Thanks!
I own the game on ps4 and will buy it when I get my PC again that is a testament to how much I enjoy this game I would say it wouldn't be as fun without friends but it is different enough to from tf2 to warrant a purchase. Honestly all the comparisons between tf2 and overwatch are very annoying yes overwatch did draw inspiration from the team based shooting of tf2 but it brings so much more to the table. 10/10 would recommend a purchase I've probably put about 70 hours into it so far and I have only had it for a couple months

Reactions: Crazylawrence
C

Corpfox

The main comparison is its Heroes than Mercs. Lately, people that were TF2 players have gone to Overwatch; Jerma, Star_, Muselk. Unless volvo releases the new pyro update for TF2, Overwatch is better. But I'll still be playing TF2.

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
I think Overwatch lives up to the hype I play it more than I do Team Fortress 2 and I just started playing that again. What different about the two games is mainly the community even though Blizzard are going to do something with server browsers I'd say Team Fortress 2 has more verity of game modes that people have made. I say if you liked Team Fortress 2 I think you will also like Overwatch they are different games of course but they do have the same primus to play as a team and not just yourself which if you like more team based games than Overwatch would be your game because some people on Team Fortress 2 are amazing. I've played many hours of Team Fortress 2 around 1,000 and I go back to it sometimes but I say if you start to get burned out of one of them switch to the other and alternate so you don't get tired of any of them. I hope this helps some because sometimes I just go all over the place. :)