Shadowplay rendered by Sony Vegas, really laggy. Solution?

Simply Gaming

Oct 7, 2014
YouTube
Hello,

I am recording videos with NVidia Shadowplay. The video card is GTX 750ti 2gb GDDR5 VRAM.

The source videos are recorded in 1080p, 50m bitrate.

The problem is, when I render these source video clips using Sony Vegas, the output is really choppy and laggy.

Does Shadowplay have problems with Sony Vegas usually? Or is there any good settings for both the project and render preset so that the final output is smooth?

Thanks!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hello,

I am recording videos with NVidia Shadowplay. The video card is GTX 750ti 2gb GDDR5 VRAM.

The source videos are recorded in 1080p, 50m bitrate.

The problem is, when I render these source video clips using Sony Vegas, the output is really choppy and laggy.

Does Shadowplay have problems with Sony Vegas usually? Or is there any good settings for both the project and render preset so that the final output is smooth?

Thanks!
I've noticed that some games just don't record well, or render properly. Have you searched google to see if people had similar incidents? Your original videos are okay with recording? Do you have any other screen recorders to test this out more? How about trying another test recording?

Dexicos

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
Well either you should tone down your settings in vegas when rendering like instead of 1080p maybe 720p, if that helps ?
OR change to a different editing software.
If you could afford adobe premiere pro, then buy that or something else. There are some free alternative.

Simply Gaming

Oct 7, 2014
YouTube
I've noticed that some games just don't record well, or render properly. Have you searched google to see if people had similar incidents? Your original videos are okay with recording? Do you have any other screen recorders to test this out more? How about trying another test recording?

Hello,

I usually recorded with Fraps, but heard that Shadowplay is better use of my PC resources.

Simply Gaming

Oct 7, 2014
YouTube
Did you solve the issue that was happening earlier? I'm curious if you troubleshooted the incident.
Not yet. I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that Shadowplay apparently records at variable framerate, and I should check the "Allow source to adjust to frame rate" or something like that. I will try this tonight, and will update on this tomorrow.

I will be posting the videos on my channel so you can see what I mean.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Not yet. I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that Shadowplay apparently records at variable framerate, and I should check the "Allow source to adjust to frame rate" or something like that. I will try this tonight, and will update on this tomorrow.

I will be posting the videos on my channel so you can see what I mean.
Okay, it's a shame when there are some issues we don't know until after we record the footage. I remember when I made an 11-episode series, and one episode turned out faulty because of my computer being bunk. Keep us updated!

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I had this issue as well, it's 'cause Shadowplay's files are really big. If you're watching it just on preview, not post-rendered, it's going to be laggy 'cause Vegas is trying to render and update everything. Once you have it rendered, it comes out fine. I use Shadowplay from time to time depending on different games. If you set the preview to "low" it should be fine!