Request Short Movie Review

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
Hi guys I need honest Feedback and fresh set of eye`s to look at my short movie. I would like to send the Movie to SuperCell the creator of Clash Of Clans and try to get the video on there Facebook page. Clash Of Clans quite often put there fan`s video`s on there page. But before I do would like honest feedback so I can change what is not good video/effects/sound. Was a very long process this creation.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Statless

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2016
Australia
YouTube
StatlessGames
I'm not a huge Clash of Clans fan, so I'll look at this from a purely editors perspective:

• I feel that the music at the beginning of the video doesn't quite match the video played. You've got a word that starts on fire, cools down and then corrodes away, all while you have relaxing music? Doesn't feel right to me, also in my opinion it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the video with the savage barbarians and whatnot, although it does build into the beginning decently. Maybe begin the video with the narration with some darker music in the background?
  • The music seems to clash (of clans lol) with the narration at points in the video. Maybe raise the volume of the narration, or have the music slightly quieter when the narration is audible.
  • Try playing around with the music in some parts. The cutaway to the giants so far above everyone else could be a funny moment if the music was maybe dulled, as if it's played on the ground and the giants can barely hear it. I felt that the whistle sound didn't work so well, and I kept waiting for something big to falldown on the giants, maybe change it to a more "crush" sound whenever something hits the ground?
Other than that I actually quite liked it,despite never playing Clash of Clans before. Keep up the work and you'll be featured on the website for sure!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I have to say I agree with some of the points raised by @Statless , for example :
- The music at the beginning not really going with the "supercell" on fire / corroding away
- The music does seem to clash a bit with the narrative at some points
- And the idea of lowering the volume as you see the giants is a great idea.

Though I would like to add in my opinion : -
- When the piano comes in at 1.14-1.15 I would have the music start to play then
- Possibly have some audio when the characters are on the piano, as when you watch the clip it shows there lips moving but nothing being heard and I think this could be a nice touch
- At 1.41 maybe having some kind of crunch noise as a load of men fly into the air after being hit
- At 1.46 arrow noise for when the person gets hit with the arrow in the head
- At 1.50 again maybe a crunch noise for when the person gets hit with the cannonball

Other than the minor noise being added in if you think they are good suggestion I have to say that was a really good video. I'm not into Clash of Clans, but watching it made me want to give it a try.

Reactions: Statless

ItsLethal

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2015
YouTube
After watching this I would say it is near perfect....

Only thing I would recommend is perhaps putting some more exciting music to sort of hype up the trailer a bit more.