Should I start making videos again?

TheGuyThatGames

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
Telford, Shropshire
YouTube
Hi Everyone,

I've been out of gaming for around a year maybe a bit longer, I've recently started getting back into now my work life has settled down. I'm just wondering if I should continue on my channel and if you liked the videos I was making? Or should I try something new?

My youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzh7UV5ktb0rXmFRJcLCguw, if you could just scan over it bearing in mind I haven't uploaded in a while and let me know about the above.

Cheers
Jake

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi Everyone,

I've been out of gaming for around a year maybe a bit longer, I've recently started getting back into now my work life has settled down. I'm just wondering if I should continue on my channel and if you liked the videos I was making? Or should I try something new?

My youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzh7UV5ktb0rXmFRJcLCguw, if you could just scan over it bearing in mind I haven't uploaded in a while and let me know about the above.

Cheers
Jake
Maybe consider making videos that get shared easier? Let's play videos are very hard to get noticed for when starting off. What other options are you interested in? You can do a variety of topics that work better overall too ^^

TheGuyThatGames

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
Telford, Shropshire
YouTube
Maybe consider making videos that get shared easier? Let's play videos are very hard to get noticed for when starting off. What other options are you interested in? You can do a variety of topics that work better overall too ^^

Yeah that's true they are hard to get noticed, I am getting into Battlefront at the moment, so might do some of he best bits from that and stuff.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yeah that's true they are hard to get noticed, I am getting into Battlefront at the moment, so might do some of he best bits from that and stuff.
Montages tend to work well, and if you have tutorials, they can have a nice market share as well. Are you interested in doing a few different video variants? Like, I'm planning on doing let's plays, but also catered content that can bring people in as well.

TheGuyThatGames

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
Telford, Shropshire
YouTube
Montages tend to work well, and if you have tutorials, they can have a nice market share as well. Are you interested in doing a few different video variants? Like, I'm planning on doing let's plays, but also catered content that can bring people in as well.

Yeah I don't mind mixing it up, to be honest I would prefer to do that, cause some days I like doing other stuff haha

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yeah I don't mind mixing it up, to be honest I would prefer to do that, cause some days I like doing other stuff haha
That's good to hear ^^ After a while, you can figure out what series works best, and how your doing overall. If you can get your videos in the search engine, people can definitely visit you more often.

james swartley

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 14, 2016
YouTube
i would say just do what makes you happy and what you have fun doing because that will show through to your content