Shoutouts Are YouTube Cancer (Primary For Newly Founded YouTube Channels)

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
I agree...

Shout outs aren't a cancer, when the shoutout is a good one, however the bad ones are rather cancerous.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Here is a video that I suggest newly founded YouTube channels should check out, who think that shoutouts are good ideas to grow properly.

Also, this video is not mine.

I agree...

Shout outs aren't a cancer, when the shoutout is a good one, however the bad ones are rather cancerous.

Please may we not use the word Cancer or Cancerous as a word against a concept.

The best way to start YouTube, big or small is not by Shoutouts, but by Collaborating with others.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Please may we not use the word Cancer or Cancerous as a word against a concept.

The best way to start YouTube, big or small is not by Shoutouts, but by Collaborating with others.

Sorry mate.. It is bad way to explain on how bad shout outs are, especially bad ones.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If the shoutout comes from someone who has less than 10,000 subscribers, you'll get no more than 10 subscribers, most inactive.

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Agreed. I just recently watched someone actually doing a "contest" for shoutouts, and after watching that and this video, I can agree that some forms of shoutouts are just.... Not exactly good.
I've personally done shoutouts on endcards on my videos of channels I've personally watched and enjoyed(ex. Content first, and a featured channel sort of S/O).
So with all said and done, this video was very informal and even helpful in some respect.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
I got a PM from some guy who is doing this and I was like "hell no" ... I don't want to have hundreds of dead bastards who don't even watch my videos...

TheFriendlyBroski

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 4, 2014
London
YouTube
Agreed. I just recently watched someone actually doing a "contest" for shoutouts, and after watching that and this video, I can agree that some forms of shoutouts are just.... Not exactly good.
I've personally done shoutouts on endcards on my videos of channels I've personally watched and enjoyed(ex. Content first, and a featured channel sort of S/O).
So with all said and done, this video was very informal and even helpful in some respect.
Natural and organic shout-outs are fine but some users don't understand how they work and when shout-outs don't.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles