Spam.tm

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Honestly, I am getting a little irritated how much Freedom is trying to push this tool. It's really not even that they are trying to push it, it's more about how they are trying to make it seem like a lower percentage is better no matter what.

Just because someone gets 0% spam on the tools, doesn't mean they are doing things right. Also just because someone is getting above 0% doesn't mean they are doing things wrong.

You can have 8%, 10%, 12% .. and it still doesn't mean your channel is spammy. Heck, you may be able to lower that percentage, but that doesn't mean you are fixing anything as there may not have been anything wrong to begin with. I just feel Freedom is misleading many people with this stupid tool.

If you run some larger channels on it, you will find that most of them have some kind of percentage other than 0.

I feel like some of the things listed on this tool should be separated into categories. Things that you should change. Things that you may want to change, and things that don't have to be changed.

Example - longer than 20 minute videos should be under things you don't have to change.
Not having a banner would be under things you should change.
Spammy description should be under things you may want to change.

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Fun Fact.. Freedom's channel scores higher than my personal one does... only one channel I have scores higher than Freedom and thats because of hour long podcasts.. tbh the tool means nothing in my eyes and is poorly made... It doesn't accurately reflect the true meaning of a spammy channel.

Reactions: 1SB2Gamer

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Glad I am not the only one who thinks so. XD It's been driving me nuts every time they release a video and everyone competes for a lower percentage as if it actually means anything. Even the spammy descriptions thing isn't reliable since it claims my descriptions are spammy, even though my descriptions are pretty typical.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Glad I am not the only one who thinks so. XD It's been driving me nuts every time they release a video and everyone competes for a lower percentage as if it actually means anything. Even the spammy descriptions thing isn't reliable since it claims my descriptions are spammy, even though my descriptions are pretty typical.
Spam.tm is broken...
It tells me I don't have social media links... which I do have links to Facebook twitter and my own website, on my channel and about page... but it still complains about it...

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Spam.tm is broken...
It tells me I don't have social media links... which I do have links to Facebook twitter and my own website, on my channel and about page... but it still complains about it...

I see, that's interesting. I have had it mess up with the percentages at times. Sometimes it wouldn't grab the information from a channel, so it would say 0%.

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
I even forgot that existed. Remember having 3% but really unimportant anyway unless you REALLY are quite the spammy content creator and want to change things. Seriously though, ''longer than 20 minute videos'' are considered spam? Did people who made this tool really think viewers have short attention span like babies to consider THAT spam? Oioioi.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I even forgot that existed. Remember having 3% but really unimportant anyway unless you REALLY are quite the spammy content creator and want to change things. Seriously though, ''longer than 20 minute videos'' are considered spam? Did people who made this tool really think viewers have short attention span like babies to consider THAT spam? Oioioi.

I got 3% last time I checked... because of social media links... Which I have...
But mines probably going to go up cause I've been livestreaming 1-3hour long episodes latly...

Reactions: Bee

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
I actually hit 12% spam because i have video's longer then 20 min, video's with no comments and some video's have the same vieuw count. Those are indeed things wich i find it strange to call spam...
Same here bro. They rate my channel with high percentage because I upload more than 20 minutes, not enough views, no comment and upload 2 or more videos a day. Which is kinda annoying...What do they expect me to do? Wait how many days or months? Just to get enough views and comments, before uploading a new video?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Same here bro. They rate my channel with high percentage because I upload more than 20 minutes, not enough views, no comment and upload 2 or more videos a day. Which is kinda annoying...What do they expect me to do? Wait how many days or months? Just to get enough views and comments, before uploading a new video?
Yea it is indeed a bit strange how it works....
I upload one vid a day but i make a variety of content and one vid does better then the other and i don't get alot of comments. I don't see the purpose of the website to be honest.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Yea it is indeed a bit strange how it works....
I upload one vid a day but i make a variety of content and one vid does better then the other and i don't get alot of comments. I don't see the purpose of the website to be honest.

Well, the website is useful for actually finding channels that are spammy. If a channel has a score above 25% .. I would say that is a pretty clear sign there might be a problem.

However, when scores are lower .. it can't be used all too reliably. If a channel is at 10% .. then the channel shouldn't be considered spammy.

However, even at 10% there could still technically be a problem as it will depend on how the 10% was achieved. This is why I suggest to separate them into categories. Obviously some indications are going to be more important than others.

The tool itself is fine, but the execution is terrible. The way it's presented and the way it's being used.

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Well, the website is useful for actually finding channels that are spammy. If a channel has a score above 25% .. I would say that is a pretty clear sign there might be a problem.

However, when scores are lower .. it can't be used all too reliably. If a channel is at 10% .. then the channel shouldn't be considered spammy.

However, even at 10% there could still technically be a problem as it will depend on how the 10% was achieved. This is why I suggest to separate them into categories. Obviously some indications are going to be more important than others.

The tool itself is fine, but the execution is terrible. The way it's presented and the way it's being used.

Honestly when I saw Spam404 back it I lost a bit of respect for them... It just ain't right.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think it's just intended as a spam indicator tool. Not how much your channel is spammy but how likely it is to be a spam channel.

Never knew that the having no channel art could rank your channel lower though. Although that should be something fairly obvious to include... :D

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I just really got disappointed in freedom's last spam video!? their actually motivating people to 'spam comment' on each other accounts.... Freedom why staapppph!!!

Ya .. it's honestly pissing me off more and more. XD

That's no better than sub for sub. Damn it Freedom!

I think it's just intended as a spam indicator tool. Not how much your channel is spammy but how likely it is to be a spam channel.

Never knew that the having no channel art could rank your channel lower though. Although that should be something fairly obvious to include... :D

Yes, that is how it should be treated, but Freedom isn't treating it that way. At least not according to their videos.

Reactions: Olivea Sea

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
I am sorry but I dont think social media links should count to being a spammy channel or not for when I am large enough to sustain my own growth I will drop twitter like a bomb. I dont care about social media its not something I can invest myself in but this tool forces ppl to do so.

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Ya .. it's honestly pissing me off more and more. XD

That's no better than sub for sub. Damn it Freedom!

Yes, that is how it should be treated, but Freedom isn't treating it that way. At least not according to their videos.
The new video said no comment in videos are spammers. So I guess my channel is a SPAM, because I rather move forward than be sad in the corner.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I'm really curious why freedom is promoting these kind of tactics? kinda like self suicide...

It's really not the first time. Honestly, having been with Freedom for a long time, I can say with certainty that they do some really really stupid crap sometimes.

Reactions: riganthor