Not open for further replies.

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
Hi guys.
I received a copyright notice/take down notice and I am wondering if I should appeal it.

The following link is to Supercell/Clash Of Clans policy regarding uploading there content to YouTube
https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1063663-Fan-Content-Policy-A-letter-to-YouTubers

There fan fair use policy here:
http://supercell.com/en/fan-content-policy/
Quote:
Fan Content Policy states that as long as you follow its rules, you are free to create, publish and monetize content about Supercell games. While these rules apply to all types of content (websites, tools, fan art), we specifically want to address how this policy applies to videos, whether on YouTube, other video platforms, or through live-streaming services, such as Twitch.
unquote:

The video in question:
I took few commercials they did edited them down to very short clips & editing them all together removed the sound and added sound effects and visual effects to use as my channel trailer.

1 - I inserted a disclaimer what is required in there fair use policy: This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell’s Fan Content Policy

2 - I gave the links in the description to the original commercials.
3 - I gave credit to Clash Of Clans in the description

Quote:
Use of Supercell Assets
Many players use Supercell assets to make cool content about our games. That is awesome! The Fan Content Policy covers the use of Supercell’s copyrights and trademarks from Clash of Clans, Hay Day, Clash Royale, and Boom Beach. We require that anyone using Supercell’s Intellectual Property follow the rules set forth in the Fan Content Policy. Those who do not follow the rules, or maliciously attempt to convince others that their content is official, may have their content removed, their right to monetize their content revoked, or lose their right to use Supercell assets in future content.
UnQuote:

I followed the above to a T regarding the Fan art rules with credits and disclaimers.
Do you guys feel i have enough grounds to appeal the strike based on there policy's & terms of use.
I have contented them via Contact us on there website.
I have contacted them via there Clash Of Clans YouTube message feature.
I have contacted them via there email address on there copyright notice.

I also feel under section 107 of the YouTube fair use policy subtitle 4 ( i am not damaging there market) I am helping there market subtitle 3 ( i was taking sections of there clips not the entire content)+ another section with refers to educational (you are help people discover a new game educating people about a new game.There is also a section which is in regards to taking bit`s and pieces of video`s what are copyrighted put them in montages that is considered fair us.

The strike notice.

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Personally I would say you have every right, based on the information you have provided above to issue a counter claim and request a retraction of the copyright strike you have received.

Upvote 0

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
I would, if you've given them enough time to respond to your messages.

As long as you followed the rules there's no reason to take down your content, but it was a manual report. It would be nice to hear from them what they feel your take down reason was.

I did not get reply & i did not expect to get a reply for the reason they took down the video.
I will wait another 24 hours or so, as i still need to get a reply from Freedom support in regards to a few legal inquires I have.

It is important to get all your ducks in a row before you proceed :)
I will keep the topic updated with the outcomes as it might be a useful in the future.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.