The dislike button

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
its an expression of an opinion. We all have them, we're all entitled to them. There's really not much too it in my opinion.
But people abuse the dislike button.. which ruins it for everyone. They abuse it by using multiple accounts, by dislike botting, and doing things like that. If there was NO dislike button, it's called a comment section.

Hammond_Piers

Rising User
Mar 22, 2016
YouTube
But people abuse the dislike button.. which ruins it for everyone. They abuse it by using multiple accounts, by dislike botting, and doing things like that. If there was NO dislike button, it's called a comment section.

Even if they are abusing it, its still an expression. they're expressing their desire for your channel to not succeed. I'm not condoning the use of bots, however, I wont condone the removal of the button in its entirety. I value my freedom of speech and the freedom to press that button. The actions of the few shouldn't represent the actions of the many.

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Even if they are abusing it, its still an expression. they're expressing their desire for your channel to not succeed. I'm not condoning the use of bots, however, I wont condone the removal of the button in its entirety. I value my freedom of speech and the freedom to press that button. The actions of the few shouldn't represent the actions of the many.
But you don't see Instagram having a dislike button, or Twitter, and everything is fine.

Charxander Origin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2016
YouTube
You work really hard on a video, spend hours editing. You're so proud of it and you finally upload it because you think it's great and funny and people are going to love it and guess what THEY DO. People comment on it saying it's great, they like it, you even get a couple subscribers from it! But then...someone clicks that dislike button and you think, why?
Here's the thing, you won't ever know why! All you need to know is that you worked hard and you're happy with what you created and you've made other people happy with what you created. Don't see that dislike as a defeat, you'll never be able to please everyone. As long as you're happy with what you posted, nothing else matters.
Keep on keepin on, you're all brilliant!
xo Lo
That is a great way to put it!

Hammond_Piers

Rising User
Mar 22, 2016
YouTube
But you don't see Instagram having a dislike button, or Twitter, and everything is fine.
Everything Is not fine on twitter and instagram haha. Twitter is full of waaay more hateful comments than youtube, and the drama that goes on between people on there is toxic not to mention the copious amounts of follow bots. Same for Instagram, its full of follow and like bots and the only thing that happens there is people promoting products and sharing their food.

Youtube is by far the best social media platform in the world, and, in my opionion, it's because it allows for uncensored discussion and debate. If you begin to remove methods of discussion and freedom of expression it'll become shallow and empty. I might add, that you can disable the like and dislike bar on your videos if you dont like it.

Reactions: This Is Ethan

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Everything Is not fine on twitter and instagram haha. Twitter is full of waaay more hateful comments than youtube, and the drama that goes on between people on there is toxic not to mention the copious amounts of follow bots. Same for Instagram, its full of follow and like bots and the only thing that happens there is people promoting products and sharing their food.

Youtube is by far the best social media platform in the world, and, in my opionion, it's because it allows for uncensored discussion and debate. If you begin to remove methods of discussion and freedom of expression it'll become shallow and empty. I might add, that you can disable the like and dislike bar on your videos if you dont like it.
I think you've won xD.

Reactions: Hammond_Piers

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
You work really hard on a video, spend hours editing. You're so proud of it and you finally upload it because you think it's great and funny and people are going to love it and guess what THEY DO. People comment on it saying it's great, they like it, you even get a couple subscribers from it! But then...someone clicks that dislike button and you think, why?
Here's the thing, you won't ever know why! All you need to know is that you worked hard and you're happy with what you created and you've made other people happy with what you created. Don't see that dislike as a defeat, you'll never be able to please everyone. As long as you're happy with what you posted, nothing else matters.
Keep on keepin on, you're all brilliant!
xo Lo
It´s not a big deal man, because no one thinks the same...so for someones, the work you done is really great and wonderful and someones that think is not but you have to keep that in mind because that mean that even if they accept is good and that it can be better, that should inspire you to keep improving and becoming better and better on what you do. So it´s not a big deal a dislike or a bad comment, is to take in mind and keep on your goals and tasks

Reactions: Hammond_Piers

Mr Wooff

Freedom! Member
Nov 7, 2014
YouTube
jamestron360
I can understnad your anger, people at my school have been abusing the dislike button on my videos and leaving mean comments without even watching my content but I get through it :). The dislike button should be thier to help content creators improve thier content but people use it for meaner reasons but at the end of the day its thier for a reason. Try and use it to try and improve your videos and if it gets to the point were its just pointless then just carry on Youtube as normel/