Tips & Tricks The "Do's" and "Don'ts" for Shoutouts...

Sharrazar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 12, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
sharrazar
Last night I only just realised why shout outs do not work in general.

Some people ask for subscribers, comments and to subscribe to other peoples channels that are mentioned in the video and the OP of the video will check on you to see if you have.

That is completely the wrong way because If you ask for subs they may subscribe but never to return again. which means you just got a inactive sub or a subscriber hungry person who is only there to get a shoutout.

Same rules apply when you get your "Subscribers" to hop on to the channel who you mentioned. You may have gave that person a huge inactive subscriber bomb.

Also going back to the comments thing. Never ask for people to comment down below because they only are there for a shoutout. and are most likely going to disappear when you have just shouted them out.

All the points I made above does not apply to everyone. Please keep that in mind.

This is what I think is the right way to give shoutouts.

1. If you give shoutouts, only give it to the ones that deserve it like your friends / underated channels etc.
2. do not ask for subscribers, likes or comments. (People who comment will most likely stay active for what you are trying to achieve.)

I cannot think of other things to add but if you have suggestions, I will add to the list.

Reactions: TJHeath32

TJHeath32

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
England
YouTube
Last night I only just realised why shout outs do not work in general.

Some people ask for subscribers, comments and to subscribe to other peoples channels that are mentioned in the video and the OP of the video will check on you to see if you have.

That is completely the wrong way because If you ask for subs they may subscribe but never to return again. which means you just got a inactive sub or a subscriber hungry person who is only there to get a shoutout.

Same rules apply when you get your "Subscribers" to hop on to the channel who you mentioned. You may have gave that person a huge inactive subscriber bomb.

Also going back to the comments thing. Never ask for people to comment down below because they only are there for a shoutout. and are most likely going to disappear when you have just shouted them out.

All the points I made above does not apply to everyone. Please keep that in mind.

This is what I think is the right way to give shoutouts.

1. If you give shoutouts, only give it to the ones that deserve it like your friends / underated channels etc.
2. do not ask for subscribers, likes or comments. (People who comment will most likely stay active for what you are trying to achieve.)

I cannot think of other things to add but if you have suggestions, I will add to the list.
These are the exact reasons why I do not give shoutouts, only when they have helped me or are my friends. It wrecks your channel.

Reactions: Sharrazar