What am I doing wrong!??

RamziesPlays

Freedom! Member
May 15, 2015
Denmark
YouTube
As the title says i feel like i must be doing something wrong.. I´ve now been actively doing YouTube for more than a year and yet i don´t find my self getting any exposure.. now don´t get me wrong i know it doesn´t come overnight or even after a month or two. But seeing these YouTubers getting literally 100-1000% more views/subs than i do and with really bad video/audio quality (black bars around the sides and audio that clips over it´s limit all the time) really makes me think that i must be doing something horribly wrong?..

With that being said i would love if you could give me some feedback so i know what i´m doing wrong/need to improve on! (Note this is not meant as some stupid self advertisement but i actually genuinely seek help!)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Using irrelevant tags does its good job at dragging people down in search. Keep the tags section for tags relevant to the specific video, but also tags that are not hypersaturated.
I had red-boxed all saturated or unhelpful tags you used in The Devils Daughter Part 10.

These tags are either non-specific or overused. Sherlock [Holmes], John Watson, and Detective are tags that could apply to more than your video, so they're not helping you get anywhere with the video. Gameplay, Commentary, Gaming, Games, Video, etc. are tags that are used far too widely on the YouTube platform for it to make a difference and it puts a good dent into your Search Engine Optimization.

Reactions: RamziesPlays

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I watched your channel and I loved it. and subbed you. and I see you do everything well enough. the only thing that can be better is your background at your webcam. and also about don't spam so much the same with your tags. it doesn't gonna help you at all and you channel might get banned by youtube because of that. and try to be a little bit original with yout tags. jsut a little bit. but that's all the feedback I can give. you doing it great!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Youtube is a tough thing to get noticed on sometimes, as Nolan said in most cases it is due to Tags or the fact that a game is overloaded on youtube making it difficult to stand out.

In this case i would say stay consistent, make sure your video description contains at least 200 words, and work on the tags. These help alot in getting your video ranked better in the search engine.

LTZ Gamer

Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2016
YouTube
I'm right there with you, I see people with 5k subs with no trailer or thumbnails. So i'm not sure what is really going on. I only have 6 subs, but I just started last month taking it more seriously

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I'm right there with you, I see people with 5k subs with no trailer or thumbnails. So i'm not sure what is really going on. I only have 6 subs, but I just started last month taking it more seriously

*Innocent face* :p

Usually the content is a lot more important than the the channel look, although having a professional looking channel will definitely help. A lot of the older channels get it easier as they may have been around before one area was saturated, keep making unique interesting content and trying new things and you should end up with a video that will break through the barrier.

RamziesPlays

Freedom! Member
May 15, 2015
Denmark
YouTube
Thanks a lot of all the replies! Damn! :D

So what i´ve learnt now is that i should revise the way i tag my videos and maybe make a description of what happens in said video. I´ll try it and see what happens! Again thanks a lot for the replies that means a lot!

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
yea I'm finding an issue with traffic flow also, cant manage to get people to find my channel, however I have only started the last month or so and I know my channel is tiny but still.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
yea I'm finding an issue with traffic flow also, cant manage to get people to find my channel, however I have only started the last month or so and I know my channel is tiny but still.

the first 100 is the hardest part of youtube because you're so small that almost no one can find you.in order that people can find you is by being active a lot of youtube comments and interact with some youtubers that has your channel size (all youtubers below 100). and also be active here at the forums and make sure that everyone is seeing you and your channel. but don't just say that they need to check out your channel. just have a normal conversation first and help them first. then you wil come bigger. trust me ;). I also just subbed your channel :)

LTZ Gamer

Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2016
YouTube
I'
the first 100 is the hardest part of youtube because you're so small that almost no one can find you.in order that people can find you is by being active a lot of youtube comments and interact with some youtubers that has your channel size (all youtubers below 100). and also be active here at the forums and make sure that everyone is seeing you and your channel. but don't just say that they need to check out your channel. just have a normal conversation first and help them first. then you wil come bigger. trust me ;). I also just subbed your channel :)

You make a good point, For now I'm just trying to get to 10 lol

chriselle

Rising User
Jul 4, 2016
YouTube
Seems this is so true, i'm trying to boost my channel by making a good thumbnail, presentation and still trying, but seems really hard to get subscriber :(

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Yea thanks for the advice, im trying everything i can to improve myself and make good entertainment...much appreciated! Thanks it helps alot.

RamziesPlays

Freedom! Member
May 15, 2015
Denmark
YouTube
I´ll make sure to tell if i´ve got any improvements though it´s hard to know since everything on youtube comes in Surges in the begining! :D