Request What do you think of my live commentary ?

Astinax

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2014
YouTube
astinax98
I haven't done one of these live commentaries with a topic for a while, so I kinda feel like the quality of it has gone down a bit, but I'm not really sure which is why I'm asking for a bit of feedback here :)
Thank you in advance !

Reactions: RoyJohnson49

RoyJohnson49

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 29, 2014
Planet Earth
YouTube
TheCineLunatic
First off, I think the gameplay is high-quality. I will admit I found it weird you were using a face-cam format for previously-recorded footage. Usually these vlogs are done with gameplay but no facecam or vice versa. Found it weird to see both in this vlog. Also, the audio is alright. It's not amazing but I understand you're using a headset to record audio and it is audible so that's no real issue. (unless you are playing it live cause that is EVEN MORE impressive cause I struggle with telling stories while playing a game)

Going on to the actual live vlog. I will say there are points where you get off-topic that are slightly distracting. Still I found the story very interesting and I felt compelled throughout. It helps I was not too familiar with hacking so I was fascinated by this stuff I never heard before. And you do a decent job explaining these complex concepts considering it was all improvised.

Reactions: Astinax

Astinax

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2014
YouTube
astinax98
First off, I think the gameplay is high-quality. I will admit I found it weird you were using a face-cam format for previously-recorded footage. Usually these vlogs are done with gameplay but no facecam or vice versa. Found it weird to see both in this vlog. Also, the audio is alright. It's not amazing but I understand you're using a headset to record audio and it is audible so that's no real issue. (unless you are playing it live cause that is EVEN MORE impressive cause I struggle with telling stories while playing a game)

Going on to the actual live vlog. I will say there are points where you get off-topic that are slightly distracting. Still I found the story very interesting and I felt compelled throughout. It helps I was not too familiar with hacking so I was fascinated by this stuff I never heard before. And you do a decent job explaining these complex concepts considering it was all improvised.

aw thanks man appreciate the kind words ! It was while playing live haha
I do tend to go off topic sometimes haha, I'll be more careful with that, or cut it out during the editing.

Thank you for taking the time to write this ! I really appreciate it :)

Also, if you're interested I definitely recommend hackathons, even if you're not that much into computer science, get a coder with you & you can also learn on the spot, it's quite a fun experience :D

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I would say I liked the video...The quality was really great and yes people usually do these story mode type of thing without facecam but its a nice thing that u actually added the facecam which made it a bit different so that's nice and also the audio is good too....its not a bad quality and to be honest this quality is still OK for a headset mic because usually they aren't good
And the whole story thing was also awesome