What is your opinion on Tavis Barker vs Ricegum

koz

YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2014
YouTube
This is completely my own opinions, nobody else. Please keep that into consideration.

Just a run down on what happened, keeping it short and simple. Ricegum made a video making comments towards Travis Barker's 10 year old daughters Instagram pictures. The mother attacked Ricegum on twitter saying that he was disgusting, etc. Travis Barker then proceeded to file a false copyright claim on Ricegum's video resulting in a strike. There is a lot more to the store, but that's the rundown of it.

In my own personal opinion, it was completely stupid for Ricegum to make a video on a 10 year old girl, but at the same time that's his choice. He in no way attacked the little girl directly nor did he send people to attack her Instagram comments. On the other hand I can understand why the parents blame Ricegum since he was the one that created the video in the first place, which was the root cause of all of this. Though I can honestly say another YouTuber would've ended up making a video about her later on anyways. I mean come on! She's a 10 year old on Instagram posting inappropriate photos.

That situation ended up in a simple argument on twitter which then escalated to the false copyright claim. In no way was Ricegum in the wrong for this, Travis Barker acted out and basically did something illegal. If you took the correct path and did it because of harassment, I'd have much more respect for you. Though doing it this way just proves how incompetent you really are.

In the end this problem could of just been avoided if the parents actually monitored what their child was doing.

HypahYT

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2016
YouTube
Rice made a video telling the truth, travis is overly defensive and I get that its family but you there's no need to fight try fight rice after he got the video taken down.