YouTube Would this be to far from my niche?

Jonah Stahl

New User
Mar 6, 2017
YouTube
Hey guys! So on my channel I mainly post vlogs of my friends and I messing around and going on adventures together. I would like to start posting short film/documentary type stuff on my channel as well. A perfect example of what I would like to do is Casey Neistat and how he posts short films about New York's Soda Ban or how the bike lane is not always the best lane to use. Another example would be this video on YouTube called "Take a Photo" I will not be copying his videos I just want to do the same general idea. (Post both vlogs and short films.)

I was wondering if this is to far from my niche and could this hinder my growth? I would like to do both on my channel but I do not want to hinder my channel by doing this. Thank you for any advice!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
At this point you don't really have a niche yet. You discover your niche through experimentation with what kind of content produced by you resonates the most powerfully with the YouTube community.

I also have to state, having glanced at your channel, that you use cringy and borderline cancerous clickbait for your titles. If I saw that in my feed I'd be like "Ugh, one of these guys" and wouldn't click on it.

Jonah Stahl

New User
Mar 6, 2017
YouTube
At this point you don't really have a niche yet. You discover your niche through experimentation with what kind of content produced by you resonates the most powerfully with the YouTube community.

I also have to state, having glanced at your channel, that you use cringy and borderline cancerous clickbait for your titles. If I saw that in my feed I'd be like "Ugh, one of these guys" and wouldn't click on it.
That's a good point thanks for the advice! And also I fixed the titles I was just using them since Tube buddy said they had fairly high search levels and low competition but I do not want my channel to be one of those so i will work on that thanks!