Did Freedom Channel Spotlight get canned?

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
I hope they can be back soon! I like them. And I've been one of the happy ones to get a spotlight a couple of months ago, so I really enjoy to watch the show and comment.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I hope they can be back soon! I like them. And I've been one of the happy ones to get a spotlight a couple of months ago, so I really enjoy to watch the show and comment.
Why do you like them? Aside from granting random channels some screen time, how do they actually make a positive impact towards good quality content in the network?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
They probably ran out of celebrities to use on the thumbnails :D
When they realized spotlighting channels alone wasn't getting the show any viewership growth, they turned to randomized celebrities to talk about. When that didn't work, they finally did what was appropriate for the series, and opposite the hashtag they tried so hard to push.

Reactions: Phil Kidd

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Yes... I don't know what's going on here the last days. :(
Well... Zesty and Britney are doing pretty well... Maybe this will open an opportunity for another Up and Comer to start making vids for Freedom and get themselves some exposure...

But yeah... it's pretty sad... I kinda liked them... lol

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
that is kind of a shame seeing that the live stream as always i nthe middle of the night for me so I can never catch it